Review of In My Heart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Review of In My Heart

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "In My Heart" by Julie Nichole.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Julie Nichole has written a children's book titled In My Heart: A Book About Kindness. This is the ideal book to teach your child about empathy and compassion from an early age. It's so difficult to find genuinely kind people in the world today that I believe every kid should read this book.

A wide variety of methods for displaying kindness are outlined in this book. The pictures will help grab a kid's attention. The sentences are simple and straightforward, making them ideal for younger readers. To keep the attention of the child reading it, the author also used rhymes. If a young reader is having trouble making friends, this book may help them realise that being kind to others is a great way to start making new friends.

This book is great because it shows kids how to be nice in a variety of situations. The illustrations are charming, and I think they're just right for young readers. I also think the illustrations do a great job of showing the various forms of kindness so that a child can understand them. I appreciate that the book encourages its readers to forgive others and reach out to lonely children.

I'm just concerned that the book will encourage the reader's child to approach strangers, and this can simply be fixed by the parents making it clear when reading about this part on when to approach people.

This book deserves the maximum rating possible, which is 5 out of 5 stars from me because I loved reading it so much and can't say enough good things about it. The book's illustrations were delightful, and the lessons it offers could help prevent bullying in the future. Most of the things in this book are ones that my four-year-old son does naturally, so it reminds me of how generous he is. As far as editing goes, this book is flawless, in my opinion.

If you want to teach your child about kindness at a young age or know a child who could benefit from reading this book, please do so.

In My Heart
View: on Bookshelves
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Your review has given me a full understanding of this book, and I agree with your rating of the book at 5 out of 5 stars. The illustrations and content are meaningful, and I appreciate that the book could stop bullying. Thank you for your review. After reading it, I think I will purchase In My Heart: A Book About Kindness for my young cousin to teach her about empathy and kindness.
Hayden Rodriguez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hayden Rodriguez »

this book is a great example to give to children to do better and be better. It can influence other children on being a better person in life. And by being a better person in life, they could change the world with their kindness. I say this book is great to read to kids. 9/10 :D
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

It's a great virtue to be kind and teaching children about it is securing the future. Many children should get to read this book. In addition to lowering the cases of bullying, many people will get help and live in a community in the future.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
narges_sh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by narges_sh »

I think that the best time to teach good manners to children is when they are young. Kindness is one of the good qualities that children should learn. This habit can be institutionalized in the situation with the presence of the family next to the child and reading this story

Return to “Children's Books”