Review of Murphy steps on a piece of gum

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Review of Murphy steps on a piece of gum

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Murphy steps on a piece of gum" by Ken Hughey.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book that Ken Hughey wrote for children is titled Murphy steps on a piece of gum. In this book, the main character, Murphy, is a young boy who is on his way to school when all of a sudden, he discovers that his shoe was stuck in gum. Will Murphy be able to find a way to get out of this sticky predicament? Read this book to find out the answer!

The book was written in rhyme by the author so that it would be more enjoyable for young children to read. Because the amount of text on each page was kept to a minimum and was made to be easy to read, the book is ideal for reading aloud to younger children and can be finished in a single sitting. The illustrations were colourful and large, both of which are characteristics that will pique a child's interest in the book.

It made me laugh to see the cat making an effort to assist Murphy, which I thought was cute. When it came to Murphy stepping in gum, I thought it was interesting how the author took a different approach to how the people reacted to the situation. Because of it, I thought the plot took an interesting turn.

However, despite the fact that I believe the illustrations will attract the attention of a child, I did not think they were the best for me personally; however, this did not prevent me from enjoying the book.

This book earns a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars from me because it took me by surprise in several places throughout its pages and made me chuckle at one point. The book was simple to understand. Because there were no mistakes in the copy that I read, I think the book was edited to perfection.

I think any young child would enjoy reading this book. Children may even learn not to drop their gum on the ground or watch where they are walking as a result of this lesson.

Murphy steps on a piece of gum
View: on Bookshelves
Fabbie Woods
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabbie-woods.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fabbie Woods »

I agree that the rhyme by the author would make it more enjoyable for young children to read.
Words seduce and pages ignite passion. Let's get lost in the tantalizing world of literature together.
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Your review tells me that this book has been flawlessly edited, making it easy to read and understand. I agree with your rating of 5 out of 5 stars because it sums up how the book is perfect for children. Thank you for your review. I think I would purchase this book as a gift for my little sister.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

I can already think about a hundred ways that I will deal will the gum but what will he do? This is a good book and I think I will love the illustrations too judging from the one on the cover page.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|

Return to “Children's Books”