Review of Hey! Will you help me?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Review of Hey! Will you help me?

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hey! Will you help me?" by Tambra Renee Grnt-White.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Every child needs the contributions of people from different spheres of life to help them attain great success. This is the message that Tambra Renee Grant White shares in this beautiful book, Hey! Will you help me? The book starts with encouragement for adults playing different roles in the lives of kids to build healthy relationships with them and influence their lives positively in a way that will push them to success. Brandon introduces himself as Success and asks for help to become all that he can be. He reaches out to different people that he believes can be of help to him; no matter how little their contributions might seem, it is a big deal for Bradon.

This was a short but encouraging read for me. I was encouraged to extend any form of help to the children around me. Reading this book made me feel like every kid around me is there for me to give a little nudge towards success. It will teach kids to appreciate people’s efforts towards their growth. The book is also short, and kids can easily read through it.

The author also provided a replicated sketch of the drawing on every page for readers to colour and help write a story for Success, which is also Bradon. I think the kids will enjoy the activity. I also think that it is a great engagement for kids; it will help them think of ways people can help Bradon become a success, and they will feel motivated as they engage in that activity.

My rating for this book is 5 out of 5 stars. The book is engaging and motivating. It will also be fun to read because there are enough illustrations to help bring the words to life in their minds, and they can replicate the paintings on the next page. The book was perfectly edited, and I found no errors in it. I found no downsides to this book.

I would recommend this book to children; they have a lot to learn from Brandon, and they will also have a lot of fun. I would also recommend this to adults who have kids around them; it will help them feel responsible for protecting and supporting the kids around them.

Hey! Will you help me?
View: on Bookshelves
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Apart from learning that we should help children and give them the push to something they want to gain, I also learned that this book will teach children that asking for help is okay and acceptable. They'll be free and prouder to ask for help when they need it. This will solve some of the misconceptions that we grew up with that asking for help indicates weakness.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|

Return to “Children's Books”