Review of "Edna the Egg"

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: My Hope for Racial Harmony In America by Richard Gordon

Review of "Edna the Egg"

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of ""Edna the Egg"" by Kim Feliciano.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A children's book authored by Kim Feliciano, titled Edna the Egg. In this entertaining book, Edna the egg talks about herself, her friends, and eggs in general. Join her for the ride! She makes goofy suggestions here and there that are sure to make your young child smile or even laugh out loud.

This is a very entertaining book in which the character Edna the egg poses questions to the readers that they can respond to. The illustrations were very colourful, and they brought to mind the movie "Angry Birds". This book can teach children about eggs, and it also includes information about colours, shapes, and how an egg hatches into a chick, all of which can be educational for a young reader who is reading this book.

It's one of my favourite things about children's books when a character interacts with the reader by asking them questions. This helps the reader feel more involved in the story. I also liked the illustrations because they are cartoon-like and colourful, both of which are characteristics that are likely to attract a child's attention. In addition, I enjoyed the fact that the writing was presented on colourful pages that were still legible.

Due to the fact that I consider it educational, there was nothing about this book that I found objectionable. Children learn more about chickens and discover that chickens hatch from eggs.

I give this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars. Your kid is sure to crack a grin after reading this book because of how entertaining it is and how much it will engage them. Both the illustrations and the writing style of the book were wonderful to me. Because I couldn't find any mistakes, I think the book was edited to perfection.

I believe that this book is appropriate for very young children who are interested in animals in general. This is because the book was easy to understand, and there were usually two sentences on every second page, making it perfect for a child who cannot sit still for long.

"Edna the Egg"
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Satyamsubham
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Satyamsubham »

"Edna the Egg" is a children's book that tells the story of a little egg named Edna and her journey of self-discovery and resilience. The book follows Edna's experiences as she navigates the challenges of being an egg and eventually hatches into a unique and colorful creature.

At the beginning of the story, Edna feels lonely and unsure of her purpose. She yearns for connection and a sense of belonging. Throughout the book, Edna encounters various characters who offer advice and support, including a wise owl, a friendly squirrel, and a caring butterfly. Each encounter helps Edna gain confidence and a deeper understanding of herself.

As Edna grows and matures, she faces moments of doubt and uncertainty. However, with the guidance of her newfound friends and her own determination, Edna learns to embrace her uniqueness and appreciate her journey. She discovers that she doesn't need to be like everyone else to be special.

In the end, Edna hatches into a remarkable creature, showcasing her vibrant colors and distinctive features. She realizes that her differences make her beautiful and that she can contribute something unique to the world.

"Edna the Egg" is a heartwarming tale that teaches children about self-acceptance, resilience, and the importance of embracing their individuality. It encourages young readers to have confidence in themselves and embrace their own journey of growth and self-discovery.
ViviVivid
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

The book seems like something the beginner reader group would enjoy. Kids would love entertaining stories and it will also help them learn in a fun way.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

I love your wordplay on how children will “crack a grin” from reading this book. It's incredible that stories can be educational and entertaining for children. Excellent job on writing a joyful review.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

There are so many things there are to learn about eggs. I don't think I can turn this down if I had to buy it for my sister. She would learn a lot from it and in turn have a lot of fun.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|

Return to “Children's Books”