Review of Master Mindful- Your Competition is with yourself

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Review of Master Mindful- Your Competition is with yourself

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Master Mindful- Your Competition is with yourself" by Shirena Aktar.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Master Mindful is an amazing person who embodies the qualities of an ideal teacher, earning for himself the admiration and gratitude of his pupils. Today, he gives his pupils an assignment to write about their good and bad qualities. The aim is to determine who is the best among the pupils. However, the exercise had a surprising outcome. Real-life lessons are learned.

Master Mindful—Your Competition is with Yourself: Everyone is Different and Unique is a children's story written by Shirena Aktar. What readers will get here is conciseness matched with value. This is what impressed me the most. Shirena was able to infuse essential lessons into this very short story, presenting children with the awareness needed to identify their unique abilities, manage their weaknesses, and appreciate the beauty in diversity.

The story is written from the first-person point of view. The tone reflects warmth, confidence, and free-spiritedness. I think these provide the right atmosphere for children to get involved in the story and with the narrator. The word choices are simple and carefully tailored to make comprehension easy and reading fun.

Furthermore, I was thrilled to watch the illustrations. They offer visual interpretations of the story. Children will have a great time going through the profiles of Sandy, Muezza, Adam, Luke, Laura, and Master Mindful. Moreover, this book was thoroughly edited. I didn't find any grammatical errors in it. So, there is nothing I can point out as a negative aspect of this book.

This story also recognises the priceless sacrifices and efforts teachers make towards building responsible and resourceful members of society. Master Mindful played an important role in this aspect, especially in helping the children discover their strengths and weaknesses.

I am delighted to rate this book five out of five stars because of the gripping narration and the wonderful lessons it teaches. There is no reason to deduct any stars from the rating. Readers aged three and nine will have a great time with this story. I look forward to reading other series in the Master Mindful Books.

Master Mindful- Your Competition is with yourself
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

It's rare to find books that match conscientiousness with value. Eye-catching illustrations are also a plus. Excellent job on a well-written review.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Return to “Children's Books”