Review of Baby Dragon's Big Sneeze

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: My Hope for Racial Harmony In America by Richard Gordon

Review of Baby Dragon's Big Sneeze

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Baby Dragon's Big Sneeze" by Sheryl Bass.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sheryl Bass has written a book for children titled "Baby Dragon's Big Sneeze". This book tells the story of a young dragon who accidentally destroyed a town because he was very ill and in need of medical attention. Will the people of the town be kind to this young dragon, or do they have evil plans for him?

This is a fantasy book written for children that focuses on dragons. Children's interest is sure to be piqued by the fact that the illustrations emphasise the subject matter of this book as being about what dragons are capable of. Because it is a relatively short book, parents should be able to finish reading it to their children in a single sitting. In addition to that, it is written in rhyme, which is sure to keep a young child interested. Through the reading of this book, children will learn what they can do to help a sick person and how to assist them.

I thought the illustrations were beautiful, and they made me feel like I was part of a fairy tale. In addition to this, I appreciated how the author began the book, as it immediately grabbed my attention from the very first page. It was a nice touch that the dragon acknowledged his mistakes and accepted responsibility for them. Young readers can learn a valuable lesson from this.

This book earns a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars from me because I can think of nothing negative to say about it. I think that reading about a baby dragon is a great way for young readers to learn about how to care for someone who is ill, because what better way is there to learn this than by reading about a baby dragon? The book appears to have been edited to perfection, as I was unable to locate any mistakes while reading it.

Children who aren't feeling well and could use a pick-me-up would benefit from reading this book.

Baby Dragon's Big Sneeze
View: on Bookshelves
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you for your excellent review Your review has left me with no choice but to read this book because you have confirmed that the illustrations are beautiful and present the fantastical elements of the story. I appreciate how you mentioned the fact that the book teaches children valuable lessons, including how to care for someone who is ill, which would make reading this book more valuable than mere entertainment. The fact that the book is written in rhyme, while being short, also makes it perfect for parents to read to their children in one sitting, making it a great book to read as part of a bedtime routine. I'm glad your review was positive and commendable, and I wouldn't hesitate to use your review as a reference when next I want to read a similar book.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

My little niece is fascinated with dragons. She just talks lately about it. I wish I can grab this book. She wants new stories always. And I think she will learn how to take good care of the ill loved ones she was surrounded with. Thank you for your beautiful review, Christell!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

This story will teach children a lot depending on what the villagers did to the dragon. Dragons are also loved by children and they will be captivated by the main character in the book. I also enjoyed reading this review.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|

Return to “Children's Books”