Review of Dazzeland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: My Hope for Racial Harmony In America by Richard Gordon

Review of Dazzeland

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dazzeland" by Shirley Woods.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dazzeland is a book for children that was written by Shirley Woods. You keep up with the inhabitants of the Planet of Success, who are known as the Planeteers. They were in a forest when a spaceship landed, and inside they found the citrusiest and most delicious-smelling fruits and a flower. These beings are from Dazzeland, and they are referred to as Citrons. They share with one another a wealth of fascinating information about the Planet of Success and other things, which is sure to pique the interest of many younger readers.

The author's goal in writing this book was to educate young readers about common fruits while also allowing them to enjoy themselves while doing so. She also incorporated math and science, albeit in an entertaining manner, into this book. A child's attention is sure to be piqued by the illustrations due to their vividness. This book also includes a friendship between the Planeteers of Planet of Success and the Citrons of Dazzeland.

I liked how the author incorporated math and science into this book, and I didn't find it boring at all, which is why I think a child would be interested in reading it. The author's use of science and mathematics in the book was another aspect of it that appealed to me. It is original, and the way the story is told really grabbed my attention.

The text was still legible despite the fact that the line spacing was inconsistent across all of the pages, which bothered me.

There was nothing about this book that I didn't like, and as a result, I give it a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars. Pre-teens can increase their knowledge of fruit and the world by reading this book, which is an excellent resource for educational material for this age group. In addition, I was unable to locate any errors, leading me to believe that the book was edited by a professional. It might be the font the author chose to use, but I couldn't help but feel like the spacing seemed bumpy throughout the whole book.

I believe that preteens would benefit more from reading this book than younger children, due to the fact that it contains a lot of description as well as the incorporation of math and science.

Dazzeland
View: on Bookshelves
James Williams Uzo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-u.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by James Williams Uzo »

Math and science aren't my forte so I'll pass on this one. You delivered a great review. Well done.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

I am glad the book is not boring due to the math and science. They are not my strongest subjects, but your review convinced me to give this book a chance. Excellent job writing a captivating review.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you for your engaging review of Dazzeland. Your description of Shirley Woods' book and her goal to educate young readers in a fun and engaging way is exactly what I was looking for. I love that she incorporates math and science into the book and manages to make it interesting for its target audience. Your appreciation of the vivid illustrations makes me excited about the possibility of reading it myself, and I'm happy to hear that the book was edited professionally, bringing your attention to the possible font being the reason behind the bumpy spacing. I look forward to reading this book, thanks to your wonderful review giving me a good idea of what to expect. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write such an informative and helpful review.
mycatecson18
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mycatecson18 »

Dazzeland is a captivating and imaginative book that takes readers on a mesmerizing journey into a world filled with wonder and adventure. Written by a talented author, this enchanting tale is a delightful blend of fantasy, friendship, and self-discovery that will captivate readers of all ages.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Apart from teaching about math and science, I love the beautiful illustration on the cover page. This shows that the book has beautiful illustrations all through. Yes, this book will be extremely thrilling to children.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|

Return to “Children's Books”