Review of Molly and Omari Learn Deep Breathing

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Review of Molly and Omari Learn Deep Breathing

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Molly and Omari Learn Deep Breathing" by Patricia Brogdon.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The children's book Molly and Omari Learn Deep Breathing was written by Patricia Brogdon. This is a revised review, and I'd like to thank the author for addressing some previous concerns I had about the book. The revised version even exceeded my original expectations. In this book, Molly and her best friend Omari learn to relax by using deep breathing exercises whenever they feel like they are in a stressful situation. You join them and their families while they go on a beach vacation together over a long weekend. Read this book to learn how to apply the techniques of deep breathing to a wide variety of stressful situations.

The book contains tidbits of history, random facts, life lessons, and explanations. The book is written in the form of a story to help children cope with stressful situations, but it also serves as an educational resource. Yoga mudras, a technique the reader likely isn't familiar with, are also included as something I think kids can use to relax.

I thought it was really nice that Molly's mother taught her daughter about the importance of family decisions and that it wasn't just up to Molly to decide whether or not the family went on the trip. The tale of how Molly acquired Harry the Hippo was still entertaining to me after reading this book a second time. Their parents were great examples for their kids, and that was something I really appreciated about the book. For a book aimed at preteens, the abundance of illustrations was a major selling point. The book's themes of working together, meeting new people, and sharing deep breathing techniques like deep breathing with those in need were appealing to me.

This book teaches children a valuable lesson about how to cope with stressful situations, and for that reason, I give it 5 out of 5 stars. I wish I had had this book when I was younger to help me cope with challenging situations. The book seems to have been professionally edited, as I could only find a handful of mistakes throughout it.

This book has too many pages to read in one sitting for younger readers, so I suggest it for preteens and up.

Molly and Omari Learn Deep Breathing
View: on Bookshelves
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Deep breathing is one way to relax our body and mind. I like that this book contains tidbits of history, facts, life lessons, and some explanations. This is gonna be an exciting read. Your review is awesome, Christell!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
ViviVivid
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivivivid.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by ViviVivid »

Breathing techniques can relax anyone who has to go through a lot of stress and difficult situations. Seems like a book that will help not just teens but adults alike. Thanks for the insightful review!
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

Deep Breathing how good fredship helpp as in stressful situation. Molly and Omar together resolve everyone problems.That story learning children how resolved stressful situation and how go on when have a problem. They met another's people with problems hate, war an sead. Drama is very good, have attention to endings story. I recommend to read children because they learned to important of stron friendships.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

I didn't read the first review of the book but I'm sure you did a great job in advising the author to address some issues. It's a good book that teaches about family and raising kids. Your tone in the review is amazing.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|

Return to “Children's Books”