Review of The Farting Machine

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Review of The Farting Machine

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Farting Machine" by Katheirne Spencer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Katherine Spencer's The Farting Machine is a book for children. Louis has been bullied to the point where he does not have any friends. He came up with the ideal method of retribution and resolved to construct a farting machine that he could use against anyone who had bullied him. Find out what happens to him after he has completed his mission of vengeance.

This book educates the reader on bullying and conveys to them what it must feel like to be bullied. A child will also learn the importance of consequences as well as how to make new friends by showing kindness to someone who has bullied them in the past.

The illustrations are great; they bring the story to life and are very entertaining. In addition, I thought it was really nice that the author used a bully as an example and showed how even bullies can be victimised by other people. I cherished the lesson on the importance of friendship that this book provided.

I give this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars. After finishing the book, I couldn't find a single thing that I didn't like about it, despite the fact that I will freely admit that I initially did not like how the book began. In addition, I believe that it has the potential to educate children about the dangers of bullying as well as the results that can come from seeking retribution. This book has clearly been edited professionally because I couldn't find any mistakes in it.

This is a great book for young readers because it can be finished in one sitting, and it teaches children important lessons about being kind to others and standing up to bullies. I feel like this can be used as an educational resource due to the book's teaching about bullies also being bullied.

The Farting Machine
View: on Bookshelves
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

This is a good book to teach students how to tackle issues relating to bullying. I was afraid Louis would want revenge instead of using the proper channels. I'm grateful that everything ended well.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|

Return to “Children's Books”