Review of Eye Am

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Review of Eye Am

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eye Am" by Joshua Seldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Eye Am, written by Joshua Seldon, is an inspirational book for kids. Joshua Seldon has set a goal for himself to write books that are motivational for children, and I believe that he has accomplished that goal with the help of this interesting book.

The vibrant cover of this book was the first thing that caught my attention about it, and I have no doubt that it will do the same for any child who happens to come across it. I thought this book was really interesting, and it even had pages where the child who is reading the book could get involved by answering questions followed by what they learned from the previous page. There is always a blank space after the questions for the reader to fill in with their responses.

When I saw the heading of the index, it made me chuckle out loud. The book had some nice, bright colours in it, which I enjoyed. I also liked how the author used the questions to help boost a child's confidence and teach them how to be a better person. This was an excellent way for the author to use the questions. In addition to that, he educates the reader on love, unity, and family.

I was left wondering why he chose to write "Eye" instead of "I", given that he never provided an explanation as to why he chose to do so. I didn't understand why he brought up his wife when he was addressing the word "strong." Shouldn't the author choose a scenario that their target audience of young readers can identify with?

Due to the issues that I mentioned, I can only give this book 4 out of 5 stars. I also think that reading this book will help a child's confidence, in addition to teaching them amazing qualities and making them aware that they are loved. The book must have been flawlessly edited because I couldn't find a single mistake in it.

This is a book that I would recommend to parents who want their children to know how much love they have in their lives and to also impart wonderful characteristics of a person onto their children.

Eye Am
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I love this book. As I have read the blurb or the author's section, it is stated there that the author used "Eye" instead of "I" symbolizing the inner eye or third eye, if I am not mistaken. I love all the affirmations in this book. My favorites are "Eye Am Strong" and "Eye Am Loved". Your review is amazing, Christell!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Purpose 2.0: Upgrade you Life by Walter Perdigao
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

I read about this book in the book of the day and I loved its plot. Not only is it entertaining and educative, but it also provides confidence and emits energy to anyone who reads it. Your review confirmed the earlier knowledge of the book.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Okocha Victor »

"I was left wondering why he chose to write "Eye" instead of "I," given that he never provided an explanation as to why he chose to do so. " I think, considering the fac that it is a children's book, anything can go just to make the book more fun to the children. Using I would definitely be boring.

Return to “Children's Books”