Review of The Movie Chair

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Osvaldo Sigauque
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Review of The Movie Chair

Post by Osvaldo Sigauque »

I just love how the book is able to give human feelings to nonliving things . The combination of the black background and the white text makes the reader able to read , while the mixture of tender moments of love and gripping action makes readers crave for more .
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

The chair featured on the cover page is beautifully depicted, making it appealing to children who enjoy bringing inanimate objects to life through play. This charming book is sure to resonate with young readers and bring them joy. Well done on being chosen as #BOTD!
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

The chair featured on the cover page is beautifully depicted, making it appealing to children who enjoy bringing inanimate objects to life through play. This charming book is sure to resonate with young readers and bring them joy. Well done on being chosen as #BOTD!
Martina Sette
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Involuntary Reroute by Robert Laney
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by Martina Sette »

The enchanting tale of "The Movie Chair" by Shari Borkin beautifully captures the chair's longing for children's company, weaving heartwarming lessons through skillful illustrations and engaging storytelling. A delightful read.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

I liked that the children's book teaches children which movies are appropriate to watch. However, I don't think children should be watching scary movies as the author portrays through the chair. Thanks for the review.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

I liked that the children's book teaches children which movies are appropriate to watch. However, I don't think children should be watching scary movies as the author portrays through the "movie chair." Thanks for the review.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Deborah Belanger, I just read your comments on the official review of "The Movie Chair" and I agree this is a wonderful book for children, Th illustrations and lessons taught throughout this book provide learnings for parents and young children. I am looking forward to reading this magical story to my great grandchildren. I ordered a paperback copy so it will be easier to show the illustrations as I read this book to my three great grandchildren. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Abiodunakinola, I just read your comments on the official review of "The Movie Chair" and I agree it is a heartwarming story that teaches children several important lessons in life. I ordered a paperback copy of this book so that my three great grandchildren can see the illustrations as I read this wonderful book to them. This is a wonderful book. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Leighton Zink, I just read your comments on the official review of "The Movie Chair" and I agree this is a wonderful book that teaches valuable lessons to children. What a unique theme that a magical chair can be so loving to children. I ordered a paperback copy so that my three great grandchildren can see the beautiful illustrations as I read the book to them. A great review of a well-written book for children. @Mrlefty0706
Upasana Vidish Purohit
Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upasana-vidish-purohit.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
2024 Reading Goal: 20

Post by Upasana Vidish Purohit »

Thank you for such detailed review very curious to read after reading your review. It interesting to know when chair describes its experience when different People of different age group come to watch movie. Concept is very unique and beautiful. Congratulations for #BOTD
Margi zuu202
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85978
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1355%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

a christian faith published of crietive adventure from a unique point of view suitable for kids i recommend this childrens book
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Leighton Zink, I just read your comments on the official review of "The Movie Chair" and I also love children's books because I enjoy reading them to my 3 great grandsons. This book is well-written and includes several important lessons for children and the adult reading the book to them. I ordered a paperback copy so that it is easier for the great grandsons to see the illustrations of this magical chair that children love. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Michael Joseph 17, I just read your in-depth review of the official review of "The Movie Chair" and I enjoyed your display of a great vocabulary although at times I had to stop and think about what you were saying. You have improved my vocabulary and I can visualize your perceptive view of this story. I have purchased a paperback copy of this book so that my three great grandsons and see them while I read the story. @Mrleftry0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Elina Tshabalala, I just read your comments on the official review of "The Movie Chair" and I am confident that the renovation did not just chuck the chair away. You will need to read the story to find out what happens to this magical chair. I found this a wonderful book with incredible illustrations. I purchased a paperback copy so that my three great grandsons can see them while I read them the book. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @tarafarah7, I just read your comments on the official review of "The Movie Chair" and I liked your right to the point review. Some readers write lengthy reviews repeating the text from the official review while others prove they have read the sample and official review and summarize their comments in one short paragraph and this is what I believe we are supposed to do. I liked this book so much that I ordered a paperback copy so that my three great grandsons can follow along with the illustrations as I read the book to them. @Mrlefty0706

Return to “Children's Books”