Review of Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JYOTISMITA MAITRA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jyotismita-maitra.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Review of Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

Post by JYOTISMITA MAITRA »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids" by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A children's book called "Snatched up to Heaven" successfully teaches biblical facts while maintaining a straightforward and understandable style of writing.

It chronicles the adventures of Emma, 8, and her family. The plot develops as Emma tells her loved ones about her vivid dreams about Heaven, Jesus, God, Angels, and even Hell. Notably, her parents believe what she says, which is a laudable component of the story. It is up to us to decide whether we should think that these dreams are the result of her imagination or reveal deeper truths.
The complete experience is improved and made even more endearing by the addition of lovely and adorable images showing Emma's daydream settings.

I enjoyed it because it was both my first time reading the writers' work and my entry into children's literature with young protagonists. But I couldn't help but wonder if 8-year-olds could explain themselves so well. My own linguistic abilities at that age come to mind as being less developed, especially when I was excitedly sharing something.

Parents should be aware that this book advances Christian principles and the idea of a single deity. Parents should consider this issue before reading it to their children. This is an excellent opportunity to introduce your kids to biblical principles if you want to.
"Snatched up to Heaven" receives a score of 4.5 stars from me. The book receives this excellent grade as a result of its skillful use of clear language, cute graphics, and expert editing. In general, reading is enjoyable, especially for younger readers.

I must admit, though, that once Emma had her vision of hell, I felt a quiet pressure to embrace Jesus and his teachings. This feature may be appealing to those who practise Christianity, but it did not speak to me personally.

Despite this, the book is only 35 pages long, making it a quick and entertaining read that's great for reading before bed.

Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Children's Books”