Review of Who stole the potatoes?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review of Who stole the potatoes?

Post by Agbata Trust »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Who stole the potatoes?" by Kasia Pochlopien.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Those who are farmers would have experienced theft on the farm in one way or another, which may have been done by humans or animals. This could be a very painful situation: working on the farm all day just to be welcomed by an empty farm on the day of harvest. Let's see how the old farmer handled this scenario in the book Who stole the potatoes? by Kasia Pochlopien.

This story was about an old farmer who had an old farmhouse on the hill and grew potatoes. He went to his farm one day, only to discover there were no potatoes in his field. He wasn’t happy. He saw the footprints and hurried towards the sound of the distant grunt, but all he could catch was the stinky smell of the thief. The farmer tried to catch the thief by setting a trap in the field, but ended up stepping on it. At this point, the farmer was frustrated and decided not to plant potatoes again. What is the end of the old farmers' farming? How would he bring his life back to normal? Grab a copy to find out. 

At times, we need to do things differently to get a different result. The old farmer is like many other farmers out there who are victims of theft, and this book would be able to help you deal with them in a way that is helpful to them. The descriptive language of this book made it easy to visualize the scene and events taking place. The use of pictures made it so easy for the intended audience to understand the book without stress. The author used a very simple writing style, which is vital for such a book. I also enjoyed the fact that this book has moral lessons that kids can learn from. The book was free of errors, showing that it was properly edited. 

I found the tiny font of the writing a big challenge for the audience of this book. Also, there should be a form of exercise at the end of this book that would help children master, or rather, inculcate, the lessons learned in the book. 

Owing to what has been said above, I would rate this book four out of five stars. I recommend the beautiful book, Children.

Who stole the potatoes?
View: on Bookshelves
RutvikPatel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rutvikpatel.html
Latest Review: The River of Cheese by Amanda Jane Lowles

Post by RutvikPatel »

"Who Stole the Potatoes?" by Kasia Pochlopien presents a relatable and valuable story about an old farmer facing theft on his farm. The narrative offers important lessons for young readers on dealing with challenges and finding creative solutions. The descriptive language and illustrations enhance the storytelling experience, making it accessible and engaging for children.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Nice review you've got here. I appreciate the time and effort used in putting down this review. I will give this book a pass.
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

As someone with a background in agriculture, I often wonder if there are children's books that tell the story of farmers' struggles and their difficulties in facing challenges. Your review gives me an idea that this might be the right book to answer my question. Thank you for writing this.

Return to “Children's Books”