Review of The Sleep Switch

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of The Sleep Switch

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Sleep Switch" by Laurie McMillan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Sleep Switch is a book for children written by Laurie McMillan that assists young readers in dozing off. Have you ever found it difficult to get your child to quiet down just before bedtime? Perhaps they have not stopped grinning, laughing, or leaping off the wall yet, and they have an abundance of energy. While I was reading this book, I noticed that it actually helped me feel more relaxed, and it can help your child as well.

This book is written in rhyme, and it is straightforward and easy to grasp even for its target audience. On each page, there is a unique child who is cosy in their bed, with a phrase or two about what the author is trying to relay. To ensure that children of all genders and cultural backgrounds feel included, the author takes care to incorporate a diverse group of youngsters into the book. Even information on when it would be most beneficial to read the book is provided by the author.

I really like how the effect makes you feel when some of the words are made larger than others. When I was reading, it felt like my eyes were closing and my head was nodding off. I enjoyed it very much that the book was written in rhyme, as well as the fact that it was simple and straightforward, making it an excellent choice for younger readers. I couldn't help but fall in love with the vibrant pictures, especially the ones in which the kids were cuddled up in their beds. I admired the clever way in which the author included information on how to relax each component of a child's body on each page.

I give this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars because I couldn't find a single thing to criticise about it. I loved every aspect of it, from the visuals to the rhymes to the effects that the book even had on myself. In addition, I was unable to locate any flaws, leading me to conclude that the book was edited to perfection.

Any child who has trouble falling or staying asleep will benefit from reading this book. As a final option to help settle them down when they still have not gone to sleep despite the parents efforts.

The Sleep Switch
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chandrakant Patel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandrakant-patel.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Chandrakant Patel »

The Sleep Switch by Laurie McMillan is a delightful children's book that helps kids relax and fall asleep. The rhyming verse and whimsical illustrations are soothing and calming, and the author's advice on how to relax each part of the body is simple and effective. I highly recommend this book for any parent who wants to help their child get a good night's sleep.
Upphilan Paul
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upphilan-paul.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Upphilan Paul »

The Sleep Switch is another excellence review of Children book I have read, it delves into the deep and explains what the book is majorly about. I like this review, it's well detailed. Good job
:tiphat:
Marina Flisvou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: Frank: The Collection by Tara Basi

Post by Marina Flisvou »

You highlight several positive aspects of the book, including the use of rhyme, the simplicity of the text, and the diverse representation of children in the illustrations. The way the text and visuals work together to create a calming effect is also a significant benefit, and it's clear that you appreciated the attention to detail in the book's design. Thank you for sharing your insights.
Marina

Return to “Children's Books”