Review of What in the World is a Wild Pongo?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Fleeting Moments by Michelle da Silva Richmond

Review of What in the World is a Wild Pongo?

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What in the World is a Wild Pongo?" by Phoebe Featherly.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Children will enjoy reading Phoebe Featherly's book titled "What in the World is a Wild Pongo?" Join a young boy on his journey to the library as he seeks more information on a pongo, and yes, this book is based on a real pongo named Bernie!

The illustrations were entertaining, and they brought to mind the illustrations that Roald Dahl included in his books. This author sneaks things into the book so that when you read any book, you can gain more knowledge on anything. Your youngster will have fun playing the included search and find game, and at the same time, they will learn the names of a variety of other animals.

I adore the fact that this book inspires youngsters to read and educates them about the importance of libraries. I enjoy how the main character gets so wrapped up in the books that he can picture himself in a setting that is analogous to the one he is reading about on one of the pages. The fact that it was mysterious throughout the pages of this book was really appealing to me, and it held my interest throughout. The conclusion was one of my favourite parts, but I won't say anything more about it because I don't want to give anything away.

This book gets 5 out of 5 stars from me because I couldn't find a single thing to criticise about it. The illustrations were enjoyable, and the wording was clear and straightforward for the intended audience. The section of the book that is intended to educate the reader about pongos and other creatures is one of my favourite parts. In addition, I was unable to locate any errors, leading me to conclude that the book has been edited to absolute perfection.

This is a book that I would recommend to children between the ages of 4 and 8; however, I believe that it is intended for all children because it is both instructive and entertaining at the same time.

What in the World is a Wild Pongo?
View: on Bookshelves
Chandrakant Patel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandrakant-patel.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Chandrakant Patel »

It’s great to hear that children will enjoy reading “What in the World is a Wild Pongo?” by Phoebe Featherly.

Return to “Children's Books”