Review of STEM Club Trouble

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Grandpa and Phoebe’s amazing adventures by Neil Kelly

Review of STEM Club Trouble

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "STEM Club Trouble" by Rafael Robinson and Cheryl Henry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A new STEM club was founded inside the Jackie Robinson Recreational Center. The students were very excited about the grand opening that was scheduled after school. They discussed their hopes and expectations while heading to the opening. Surprisingly, they found the doors closed when they arrived. They found a huge sign that said it was closed until further notice. Why was the center closed? And what will the students do about it? You can know all the details when you read STEM Club Trouble by Rafael Robinson and Cheryl Henry.

The book's idea is really good and has a lot of benefits. It is designed to teach children problem-solving skills. The book uses a special technique that children can follow. Problem-solving is a really important skill for a person to learn, especially at a young age. The illustrations in the book are colorful and bright. I find that a plus in any children's book. Children can also learn about working together in a team and being positive. Also, the book contained a variety of information. For example, it mentioned the different types of engineering fields and the differences between them.

Unfortunately, the version of the book that I received had a serious editing problem. There was no proper spacing between the words, and sometimes letters were across each other. This took away from my ability to enjoy the story, as my whole focus was directed at understanding what was written and figuring out the words. Other than that, I liked the idea of the book and the inclusion of characters in it.

The book is useful, and children will greatly benefit from it. The editing problem gave me a hard time, though. The good news is that it can be easily fixed for people to enjoy the book. Until then, I rate this book four out of five stars. I recommend the book to children. I also recommend it to parents who would like to teach their children about problem-solving.

STEM Club Trouble
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alexander Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: The Broken House by Burgess Mitchell and Dr. Lindsay Mitchell

Post by Alexander Victoria »

The book's use of colorful and bright illustrations is a definite plus, as it can engage young readers and make learning more enjoyable. Moreover, introducing kids to the various engineering fields and highlighting the differences between them is a fantastic way to spark their curiosity about STEM subjects.
Miracle Oge Adaeze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-oge-adaeze.html
Latest Review: The Maple Seed Helicopter by Marco Collina

Post by Miracle Oge Adaeze »

"It is designed to teach children problem-solving skills." I like books that teach children problem-solving skills. I'll get this for my two lovely kids. Thank you for the review.
Marina Flisvou
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jake Fortina and the Roman Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marina-flisvou.html
Latest Review: What Landlords Don't Want You To Know by Tom Arvanitis

Post by Marina Flisvou »

It's great to hear that you found the book's idea and message valuable, particularly in teaching children problem-solving skills, teamwork, and positivity. It's clear that the book's content has valuable lessons for young readers.
Marina

Return to “Children's Books”