Review of Just Four You

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christine Palmer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-palmer.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Review of Just Four You

Post by Christine Palmer »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Just Four You" by Dwayne Cathey.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This children’s book contains four fables. In the first story, a girl with a love of sweets meets an older woman who bakes. They form a friendship. The girl’s parents worry about her taking advantage of the woman for her sweets. In the second story, a boy has a very special toy ball with a unique tale of how he got it. In the third story, an owl and a wolf form an unlikely partnership. They keep each other safe and look out for each other. The fourth book features a family of rabbits, and the bunnies learn about limits and rules.

Just Four You is written by Dwayne Cathey. It has positive morals to the stories. I liked that the lessons were clearly listed at the end of each section. The stories have depth to the characters and show many facets of relationships. This will appeal to older readers.

The manner of writing in this book is very simplistic. The basic morals are ideal for young readers under the age of six. However, the book is long. It is similar to an early chapter book and does not have any pictures. This makes the reading level more appropriate for an eight-year-old, but the story may be too simple for that age range.

I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars for being a nice children’s book with good morals in the stories. Points are deducted for editing as two grammatical errors were identified. Stars were also deducted as the story is too simple for the reading level used, as discussed above.

I recommend this book to children about eight to ten years old who would like to read wholesome stories and need a more challenging reading level. Parents can feel confident in allowing impressionable children to read this novel. There is no profane language used.

Just Four You
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Upphilan Paul
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upphilan-paul.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Upphilan Paul »

This is another excellence review of Children book I have read, it delves into the deep and explains what the book is majorly about. I like this review, it's well detailed. Thanks!
Good job

Return to “Children's Books”