Review of Scar’s Thanksgiving

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Review of Scar’s Thanksgiving

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Scar’s Thanksgiving" by Vida Fernández.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There are times in life when people gather together to share moments of joy, sadness, or even a party. These small moments with which we find ourselves sharing experiences in the future will always remain in our hearts since they contribute to the relationships we have with our family and friends. Scar's Thanksgiving, the second book in Vida Fernández's Misadventures of Scar Fernández series, is a novel that relates to Scar's thanksgiving experience.

Scar stood there early in the morning, watching Big Gladys place a large tray in the oven before going back to bed. Scar became aware of a pleasant aroma in the air at this point. That smelled familiar, and he was pleased because it reminded him of Christmas, which he confirmed by looking at the kitchen calendar, which said November. Scar wanted to ask Vida, but because Vida detested getting up early, Scar sat at the door, grew agitated, and quietly entered the room, accidentally kicking a small bell. Scar took Vida's celebration bell and set it on the desk, and I feel you may share Scar and the family's experience by purchasing a copy of Scar's Thanksgiving by Vida Fernández.

Scar's Thanksgiving is a simple and entertaining book that every parent should buy for their children to educate them about the Thanksgiving holiday. The artworks in the book appealed to me, and I appreciated seeing how some themes were conveyed through these artworks. The book also demonstrates the importance and bond between people and their pets. I particularly liked how the book emphasized the value of family. This book also contains moral lessons that may enlighten children on the importance of self-compassion.

There are no drawbacks to this book, and I recommend it to families with small children aged six and up. Because of my positives, I'm giving this book 5 out of 5 stars. I saw no faults when reading this book, indicating that it was well-edited and drawn.

Scar’s Thanksgiving
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
maxedie
Currently Reading: To Kill a Mockingbird
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by maxedie »

A very simple yet conveying review on the importance of moral values and human emotions and memories. Author did a great job by writing it through an animal's perspective.

Return to “Children's Books”