Review of Mama, I got a dollar!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: Nina and Ti Punch, A French West Indies Tail by Renee Binzer

Review of Mama, I got a dollar!

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mama, I got a dollar!" by Rella B.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Everyone has to deal with finances at some point, and most people don't feel comfortable making sound financial decisions because of a lack of knowledge. The book Mama, I Got a Dollar!, written by Rella B. and illustrated by Medie Big, is a book that brings light to financial decisions for children at an early age.

The book begins with a young girl telling her mother about a dollar she found. She asks her mother if she should keep the money or share it. She goes on to inform her father, who was reading the newspaper, that she got a dollar after doing her daily chores, and she felt good about it. She tells him that she is going to play immediately. All she could think about was a cave full of cash. As the story progresses, her grandmother gives her a dollar, and she decides to save it, but she is unsure whether she should keep it in a bank or a secret treasure cave. Get a copy of this book, Mama, I Got a Dollar!, to learn about the financial decisions that could benefit your children.

I found this book easy to read from an adult perspective, and given that it is for children, the size of the book would benefit the target audience. The book seems to be an interactive session where parents can read aloud to their children and ask their children's opinions. The quality of the graphics in the book is commendable, as it would appeal to any child, and the credit goes to the illustrator, Medie Big, for a job well done. Finally, the moral lessons about our financial lives in this book are the most remarkable positive aspect, and the lesson of the uncle to the girl is the message that I find most beneficial.

The only downside to this book is that the main character doesn't have a name, but this does not affect my rating of 5 out of 5 stars for this enlightening book. I didn't encounter any errors while reading this book, which shows the book was exceptionally well edited. I recommend this book to children from the ages of 6 to 9 because they should be able to break down the message contained in this book easily.

Mama, I got a dollar!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1025
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This is an important topic for children to grasp. Unfortunately, it's often one that we, as adults, shy away from.
Dammyc Maiyo
Currently Reading: Mistress Suffragette
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Dammyc Maiyo »

Children today should be advised to invest in good ideas rather than save,unless it is saving to invest. Food for thought.
adambenkhou
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by adambenkhou »

This is an important topic for children to grasp. Unfortunately, it's often one that we, as adults, shy away from.

Return to “Children's Books”