Review of Kimmy Can't

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Review of Kimmy Can't

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Kimmy Can't" by Melissa Heath.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Kimmy's mindset has been terribly restricted and conditioned to believe it is not fit for anything good. So, while her fellow kids in school joyfully engage in activities like writing poetry, cartwheeling, and doing math flash cards, her mind cowers and yells, "Kimmy can't!" This situation lingers until Miss Jones, one of Kimmy's teachers, intervenes. It's fascinating to read about the self-discovery that follows.

"Kimmy Can't" is a children's story written by Melissa Heath and Victoria Hatton. I am excited to report that this is one of the most impactful children's books I have read. The authors recognized the importance of children growing up with a positive mindset, resilience, and motivation and have crafted this story to project these values and help those lacking rediscover themselves. I rate this work as a successful project.

Through the character Kimmy, we see that "possibility" and "limitation" reside in the mind. What plays out in anyone's life depends on which of these gets activated in their lives. This therefore highlights the need to expose children to everything good as they grow up, including pure love and a healthy environment, especially considering that they are fragile at that stage of life and can easily be swayed by the aggressive forces of life and society.

Miss Jones is an exceptional teacher and mentor. She reminds us of the invaluable contributions of teachers to human and nation-building. Miss Jones engages Kimmy with love and understanding, and as a result, she is able to help her discover the many great things she is good at and the immensity of things she can achieve. I was amazed to read about Kimmy's exceptional abilities that were buried in the garment of self-doubt and negativity.

The story was well illustrated. The word choices were simple. Special attention was paid to editing this work, as I didn't find any grammatical errors in it. It was a pleasure reading this story, and I am rating it five out of five stars for its invaluable contributions to personal development and other merits aforementioned. I don't have any complaints to report about this book, so there is no reason to rate it lower. "Kimmy Can't" is a suitable read for children aged four to eight.

Kimmy Can't
View: on Bookshelves
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-falle.html
Latest Review: The Power of Conscious Connection by Talia Fox

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:

Post by Samuel Falle »

This review appreciated the book and applauded the author for doing a great job in creating it. Based on the pleasant impression the author's writing created, the reviewer also did well in making me want to include the book on my bookshelf.
Samuel Falle
Currently Reading:

Post by Samuel Falle »

Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.

Return to “Children's Books”