Review of My imagination

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Fleeting Moments by Michelle da Silva Richmond

Review of My imagination

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My imagination" by Angela R Bush.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Angela Bush is the author of this collection of children's rhyming stories titled "My Imagination." Fairies, yaks, dragons, and butterflies are just some of the characters that appear in these tales, which are sure to stimulate your child's imagination. The majority of these tales begin with children, and you will have to read them in order to discover how they develop into a world of fantasy.

The pictures are vibrant and deserving of your child's attention because of their dazzling appearance. The tales are brief and pleasant, and they rhyme in a very lovely way. For a younger readership, the writing is also quite simple and straightforward to comprehend.

Despite the fact that I greatly enjoyed the images, I had the impression that the illustrator could have selected more intriguing scenes to illustrate. Even while there were some great illustrations, some of them seemed a little bland for a book aimed at youngsters. Some of the stories struck out to me more than others, but I like the majority of them. It was the fairy and butterfly stories that I found to be the most enjoyable.

Although there is room for development, I will give it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars since I found it to be quite enjoyable, and I feel that children will also find it enjoyable. The tale, the illustrations, and the writing are all excellent for children of a younger age. I have reason to believe that a professional editor edited the book because I only found one error in it.

I would recommend this book to children between the ages of 4 and 8 who have a passion for mystical tales about dragons and fairies, as well as to any child whose attention is captured by rhyme, just like my own son is.

My imagination
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am not really a fan of poetry and don’t enjoy children’s books so I guess that I probably won’t be reading this book. I am interested in the illustrations, though. Thanks!
Rashad Deniro Price
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

I guess my kids will enjoy reading this book; they so much like poetry and stories with rhymes. They may equally be fascinated by the use of fairies, yaks, dragons, and butterflies as characters.
Terry Kimble
Currently Reading: Web of Evil
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terry-kimble.html
Latest Review: "Dumb" Orphans by Allan Low

Post by Terry Kimble »

Christell, it seems you're becoming my "go-to" for children's book reviews! :D I appreciate your honest take on them. I am always searching for enticing children's stories for my granddaughters. This one might be better suited for later when they are older. Thank you for your great review! :tiphat:
Walexcity
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Walexcity »

I think my children will love this book; they love poetry and rhyming stories. They might also be interested in fairies
McDonald Lauren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonald-lauren.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by McDonald Lauren »

Filled with fairies, yaks, dragons, and other enchanting characters, these tales embark on whimsical journeys from the world of children into realms of fantasy. The vibrant illustrations captivate young readers, drawing them into the dazzling visuals that accompany the charming rhymes. With simple yet engaging storytelling, this collection is tailored perfectly for younger audiences, offering an enjoyable and imaginative reading experience that's both fun and easy to understand.
Aleena Augustine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Aleena Augustine »

This sounds like a delightful collection of rhyming stories that take young readers on a journey filled with fairies, yaks, dragons, and butterflies. Your mention of vibrant illustrations and the simplicity of the writing style for younger readers makes it even more appealing. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This is a helpful review that provides a fair assessment of the book "My Imagination." It gives praise to the vivid illustrations and enjoyable rhymes, while also acknowledging some illustrations could be more intriguing. The reviewer found the fairy and butterfly stories particularly enjoyable. It notes a minor editing error but overall recommends the book for children aged 4-8 who enjoy mystical tales and rhymes. This review is sufficient and could motivate potential buyers to consider adding the book to their library.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review, "My Imagination" by Angela Bush seems to be a good read for children aged 4 to 8 who enjoy rhyming stories and have an interest in mystical tales. The book stimulates children's imagination with its vibrant illustrations and enjoyable, rhyming tales featuring fairies, dragons, and butterflies. Although some illustrations were perceived as bland, overall, the book received a positive rating of 4 out of 5 stars. The simple and straightforward writing, accompanied by captivating tales, makes it suitable for younger readers. There was only one minor error found, suggesting professional editing. Therefore, this book appears to be a delightful and enjoyable choice for children who love imaginative stories.
Alex Steen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Alex Steen »

A great review. I think I’ll have to give this a try with my daughter. She loves dragons!

Return to “Children's Books”