Review of Rain Drops on a Tin Roof!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Rain Drops on a Tin Roof!

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rain Drops on a Tin Roof!" by Joe Green.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Joe Green explores the themes of love and friendship in his children's book "Rain Drops on a Tin Roof!" What if you want your child to comprehend the significance of particular words with which they are familiar? Are there any words that will not only make them more imaginative but also make them a person of whom you would be proud? I believe that is exactly what this book does. Despite the fact that it does not have a tale, it is still something that I would like to read to my child.

I was blown away by the vivid colours and intricate details of each illustration. I could not tear my eyes away from the uniqueness of it. Each page of the written work is centred on a single word that is of great significance to the author. It is not difficult to comprehend the writing. despite the fact that, unlike other children's books, the words do not perfectly describe the visuals. Despite this, it continues to have an effect on what is stated and will continue to attract the attention of a youngster.

I would have enjoyed it more if there had been more of a storyline included in this book, especially considering that children are more likely to enjoy stories that are written for them.

I found the illustrations to be very delightful, and I also found the writing to be enjoyable. The author's ability to include a unique term on each page was something that I found really impressive. However, despite the fact that the visuals and the sentences did not always coincide, I still found them to be extremely enjoyable.

Regardless of the recommendations I made, I give this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars. In my opinion, it is still a book that is one of a kind, and I couldn't get enough of it. Not a single mistake was discovered in the book, and I am confident that it has been edited to perfection.

All kids between the ages of 4 and 8 should read this book, as it has the potential to open their minds and expose them to a world of amazing possibilities.

Rain Drops on a Tin Roof!
View: on Bookshelves
Jessica Azuka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: By The Rivers of Babylon by Mary Glickman

Post by Jessica Azuka »

I love reading children book and I especially love the ones that are brightly colored and with illustrations. The book has an interesting title too. Thanks for an inviting review.
Conshelle Dwight William
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conshelle-dwight-william.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Conshelle Dwight William »

"Rain Drops on a Tin Roof!" by Joe Green sounds like a unique children's book. The focus on significant words and the vivid, detailed illustrations seem to create an enriching experience. Although it lacks a traditional storyline, its uniqueness and flawless editing make it stand out. It's great that you enjoyed it and found it beneficial for kids aged 4 to 8. It's always exciting to discover books that can open young minds!
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

The review is positive and highlights the unique elements of the children's book "Rain Drops on a Tin Roof!" The reviewer mentions being impressed by the vivid illustrations and the significant words used throughout the book. While the lack of a storyline is noted, the overall enjoyment and impact of the book are emphasized. The reviewer gives a perfect score and recommends the book for children aged 4 to 8, believing it can open their minds to amazing possibilities. Overall, the review is helpful, sufficient, and likely to motivate others to buy the book. It appears to be a good addition to anyone's library based on the reviewer's perspective.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

The review suggests that "Rain Drops on a Tin Roof!" by Joe Green is a unique children's book that effectively explores themes of love and friendship. The vivid illustrations and incorporation of significant words make it visually appealing and engaging for young readers. While lacking a traditional storyline, the book still captivates attention and encourages imagination. Despite personal preferences for more storytelling, the review highly recommends the book, giving it a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars. It highlights the absence of mistakes and quality editing. Overall, it is considered a must-read for children ages 4 to 8, offering them a world of possibilities.

Return to “Children's Books”