Review of Archer the Therapy Dog

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joy Wendy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-wendy.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review of Archer the Therapy Dog

Post by Joy Wendy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Archer the Therapy Dog" by Katie Baron.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Katie Baron's Archer the Therapy Dog offers an enlightening exploration into the world of therapy dogs. The narrative revolves around a delightful golden retriever named Archer, chronicling his journey toward becoming a therapy dog. The story unfolds as Archer visits diverse settings, such as a school, hospital, library, and nursing home.

Throughout the narrative, readers gain insights into Archer's character and acquire knowledge about the prerequisites for forming a therapy dog team. The book delves into distinctions among service dogs, therapy dogs, and emotional support dogs, elucidating their respective rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

The book proved to be an enlightening experience, providing valuable information about canine diversity beyond conventional breed discussions. It stands out by categorizing dogs based on their intended roles, a perspective not commonly explored. The significance of this information resonates, urging its integration into mainstream media for broader public awareness.

Archer's unwavering determination to pass the test and graduate as a therapy dog deserves commendation. Personally, I consider this role to be the most challenging, given the perpetual demand for a cheerful demeanor and the increased susceptibility to illness due to constant interaction and potential infection risks. I like that all breeds of dogs are allowed to be therapy dogs. It is very thoughtful of the authorities to give all dogs a chance.

There was nothing in this book that I disliked. The author's choice of illustrations significantly enhances comprehension, particularly for young readers. The book's visual appeal is likely to captivate a broad audience. It serves as a crucial resource for young readers, enabling them to differentiate the types of dogs they may encounter. Including testimonials from children positively impacted by Archer adds a heartwarming touch.

Notably, the book exhibits impeccable editing, devoid of grammatical errors, attesting to its editorial quality. I wholeheartedly give this educational and enjoyable book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend it to parents seeking engaging and informative reads for their children.

Archer the Therapy Dog
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Conshelle Dwight William
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conshelle-dwight-william.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Conshelle Dwight William »

"Archer the Therapy Dog" by Katie Baron sounds like a wonderful book! It provides a unique look into the world of therapy dogs, specifically Archer's journey to becoming one. The book not only educates readers about the different roles dogs can play, but also highlights the challenges and rewards of being a therapy dog. The illustrations and testimonials add a heartwarming touch, making it a great resource for young readers to understand and appreciate the work of therapy dogs. It's great that you found no flaws in the book and enjoyed it thoroughly!
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: The Incarnation by Arthur Telling

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This review offers valuable insights into the book "Archer the Therapy Dog." It provides a thorough exploration of the narrative, highlights its educational aspects, and praises the author's attention to detail. The review is helpful, sufficient, and has the potential to motivate readers to purchase the book. From the reviewer's perspective, this book appears to be a beneficial addition to anyone's library, particularly for parents seeking engaging and informative reads for their children.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

This review highlights Katie Baron's "Archer the Therapy Dog" as an enlightening and valuable read. It explores the world of therapy dogs through the journey of Archer, a golden retriever, and provides insights into the requirements and distinctions related to therapy dogs. The book's informative content and appealing illustrations make it engaging for both young readers and a broader audience. The reviewer appreciates the author's inclusion of diverse dog breeds as therapy dogs and commends the book's editing quality. Overall, the review strongly recommends "Archer the Therapy Dog" as a 5-star book that parents should consider for their children.
Witch Cavil
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-witch-cavil.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Witch Cavil »

This review is brilliant. I will endeavour to get this book for my nephews and nieces. I think they would benefit from reading a book such as this.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

I'm not really a fan of children books but I think I will enjoy reading this one. The reviewer gave a well detailed insight of the book. Thank you for honest review.
Jacy Covers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacy-covers.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Jacy Covers »

Children's books are great and this one was no exception. It is more educational than for pleasure. Children will learn a lot.
Hakim Kelvin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hakim-kelvin.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Hakim Kelvin »

This book would be a suitable read for kids. It has teachings that would help children make good decisions as the grow up. The book was an interesting read.

Return to “Children's Books”