Review of Captain Sparky and the Pool Pirates

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Dancing Queen by Asianna Frierson

Review of Captain Sparky and the Pool Pirates

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Captain Sparky and the Pool Pirates" by T. E. Antonino.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The children's book "Captain Sparky and the Pool Pirates" is packed with exciting and entertaining adventures. While Sparky was splashing about in a pool, she discovered drain pirates. She struck a deal with them, giving them the promise that if they could teach her how to be a pirate, she would teach them how to be nice pirates. Despite this, Sparky was faced with a dilemma because she was required to write a story for her English class. It was during the time that she was learning how to become a pirate from Gobble, Bobble, and Captain Wobble that she told her story to the class about them.

You are going to enjoy this book if you are someone who enjoys reading stories that contain banter and characters that say things that are both silly and insightful. Even though the drawings in the book were lacking in colour, I still found them to be incredibly wonderful. If the reader were to purchase a physical copy of the book, then perhaps they would be able to colour the pictures themselves. Even though three of the characters had names that were similar to one another and a large number of people spoke at the same time at times, the writing was simple to comprehend and the dialogue was very easy to follow.

The conversation that took place in between the stories made me chuckle, and it made me enjoy the story even more. The way in which the author transitioned between the story that Sparky was telling and real life was well done. The author did a great job of coming up with imaginative twists and turns in this book, which will keep the reader on their toes. Another thing that I liked about the book was that it included advice on how to treat other people with kindness.

My rating for this book is five out of five stars because there was nothing about it that I found to be unsatisfactory. The humour, the surprising twists, and the ease with which the plot could be understood and followed were all my favourites. In addition, I am of the opinion that this book has been edited to perfection because I did not discover a single mistake.

This book is one that I would recommend to children who have a passion for pirates and who enjoy going on adventures. One of the many positive aspects of this book is that it teaches children how to behave kindly. I also recommend this book to children between the ages of 6 and 12, as it can be a bit long, and children will be able to appreciate the story more if they are between these ages.

Captain Sparky and the Pool Pirates
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Conshelle Dwight William
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conshelle-dwight-william.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Conshelle Dwight William »

"Captain Sparky and the Pool Pirates" is a delightful children's book filled with adventure and humor. It follows Sparky, who learns to be a pirate from drain pirates, while teaching them kindness. Despite some confusion due to similar names, the story is easy to follow and the dialogue is engaging. The book is well-edited, with a seamless transition between Sparky's narrative and real life. It's recommended for children aged 6-12, especially those who love pirates and adventures. The book also imparts valuable lessons on kindness.

Return to “Children's Books”