Review of Timothy and Rosie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Unleashing the Power of Likability and Charisma by Perry L. Davidson

Review of Timothy and Rosie

Post by Mutai Marshal »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Timothy and Rosie" by Kim Cogan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Timothy used to be lonely in the forest. While he was happy, he would, at times, feel lonely. Timothy, the mouse, is described as a quiet, shy creature with a soft brown coat. His eyes were big and looked curious. While devouring a blackberry, Timothy's attention was caught by rustling in the bushes nearby. His nerves calmed down when a small rabbit emerged from the undergrowth. This is how Timothy met a new friend, Rosie, who had recently moved into the forest.

My favorite aspect of the story is its graphical presentation. The book is laden with graphical representations demonstrating the actions and thoughts of the characters. I like the one showing Rosie's and Timothy's first interaction after their encounter. I could tell that the two were glad they met and connected instantaneously. Another instance offers an expression of fear and worry.

The narration is executed beautifully. Kim Cogan deploys vivid descriptions that go in tandem with the pictorials. Even without the pictures, the author makes it possible for the reader to picture the occurrences in the novel. I can confidently vouch that this book can expand the imagination of children. For instance, I could visualize Timothy sneaking behind Rosie.

I cannot pinpoint any dislike to this book. It is a quick read that parents can read to their children before bedtime. It harbors a message of love and compassion. It shows us that we can extend our hands of assistance to those in need. By engaging in acts of aid, we, too, can derive a sense of fulfillment. We learn that being helpful means going out of your comfort zone; there will be difficulties to overcome along the way. Kids will be motivated to make friends by reading this book. Besides recommending the book to kids, I commend it for its exceptional editing. I rate Timothy and Rosie by Kim Cogan 5 out of 5 stars.

Timothy and Rosie
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jessica Azuka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Jessica Azuka »

This book tells a beautiful story of two creatures who bonded to become friends. I am sure that this book will teach lots of morals. I am looking forward to reading this book. Interesting review.
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Michael Gambo »

Timothy the mouse must consider himself fortunate to have found a new friend in Rosie. After enduring prolonged feelings of loneliness, the arrival of Rosie must have been a welcomed relief for him.
I believe in something greater than myself.
Alize Juarez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alize Juarez »

This is such a cute and empowering short story. It captures the beauty of friendship and the importance of being kind to others.

Return to “Children's Books”