Review of Adventures of Unicorn and Friends

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Review of Adventures of Unicorn and Friends

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Adventures of Unicorn and Friends" by Dr. Jonas Rockhold.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Anabelle is a unicorn, but she doesn't look like every other normal unicorn and doesn't have a family. This exposed her to mockery and rejection from other unicorns. However, she has a positive attitude towards life and likes to encourage people in difficult situations, abilities that distinguish her from her peers. When Anabelle eventually meets a hedgehog named Hampton, learning about his struggles, and then a hunter named Terry, and then Christine, a kind girl in charge of a wildlife refuge, a new world and possibilities are born for not only these individuals but for others that would cross their paths.

Dr. Jonas Rockhold has done a great job with this book. I am impressed by the value this children's story offers. The most remarkable for me is the demonstration that each person has some personal struggles to deal with, as can be seen in the lives of the characters Anabelle, Hampton, Connor, and Amy, but that what matters is the way we choose to respond to them. It is important that children grow up with this awareness and develop the necessary strengths needed to deal with life's challenges head-on.

And then there is the importance of a support system. This story underscores the unlimited benefits of pulling together our diverse talents and lending a helping hand to people in need, no matter how small such help might seem. The best thing in all these is that we help ourselves in the course of helping others, as can be seen in the lives of Anabelle and Hampton. Also, doing good is like a chain reaction; it goes on multiplying, and even if the favor is not directly returned to us, someone else somewhere will surely benefit from it.

The story also highlights the beauty of identifying one's purpose in life, working diligently towards actualizing it, and positively impacting society, even if it is one step at a time. The need to be in a conducive environment and to surround one's self with like-minded people is noted. Anabelle's life is an example. The results of her disassociating herself from the abusive company she found herself, keeping in touch with Hampton, and involving herself in the activities at the wildlife refuge are clear.

The illustrations caught my attention. They are so clear and beautiful, and this made my time reading this book more memorable. This is well-edited literature; I found just three grammatical errors in it. Given the aforementioned merits, I am delighted to rate "Adventures of Unicorn and Friends: A Journey of Positivity" five out of five stars. There is no complaint to report and no reason to rate it lower. This story is a suitable read for children aged four to eleven.

Adventures of Unicorn and Friends
View: on Bookshelves
Aleena Augustine
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Aleena Augustine »

Dr. Jonas Rockhold's 'Adventures of Unicorn and Friends' sounds like a heartwarming and impactful children's story! Your insightful review perfectly captures the essence of the book's valuable life lessons and positive messaging. The emphasis on resilience, support systems, and finding one's purpose is truly commendable. Thanks for the review!
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review, "Adventures of Unicorn and Friends: A Journey of Positivity" seems like a fantastic read for children. The reviewer highlights the valuable life lessons the book offers, such as dealing with personal struggles and the importance of a support system. The story emphasizes the beauty of helping others and the positive impact it has on both ourselves and society. The captivating illustrations and well-edited writing further enhance the reading experience. With a five-star rating and no complaints reported, this book appears to be a highly recommended choice for children aged four to eleven.
Teen Voguehub 1
Currently Reading: The Message?: A thinking thriller about change and choice
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teen-voguehub-1.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
2024 Reading Goal: 300
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by Teen Voguehub 1 »

Based on the detailed review provided and after reading it "Adventures of Unicorn and Friends" by Dr. Jonas Rockhold is an exceptional children's book. The story of Anabelle, a unicorn who faces challenges but maintains a positive attitude, seems both heartwarming and inspiring. The emphasis on resilience, the importance of a support system, and the value of identifying one's purpose in life are all themes that resonate deeply and are presented in a way that is accessible to children. The illustrations are described as clear and beautiful, enhancing the reading experience. With only a few grammatical errors found, the book is praised for its well-edited content. Overall, the reviewer rates "Adventures of Unicorn and Friends" five out of five stars, highlighting its suitability for children aged four to eleven.
Annija Marta Meldere
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annija-marta-meldere.html
Latest Review: Eternity by Carlos

Post by Annija Marta Meldere »

Sounds like this book has some very nice values.
4-11 year olds is the age range that really raises the question, though: is it a picture book, or a chapter one?
And, if it's a chapter book (as 3 errors being a little suggests), about how long is it, and, more importantly, how long are the chapters?

Than you for your wonderful review in which you beautifully draw attention to the story's lessons!
Latest Review: Eternity by Carlos
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further

Return to “Children's Books”