Review of The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review of The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat

Post by Alexander Victoria »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat" by Michelle Renee Avis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Benjamin, the bear, resides in a picturesque forest, adorned with a stunning fur coat. Among his forest companions is Giselle, a graceful giraffe harbouring a covetous desire for Benny's prized possession. Seizing an opportune moment while he slumbers, Giselle clandestinely trims off Benny's fur coat. Benny, waking in a state of shock, turns to his devoted friend Oliver, a rabbit, for assistance. The narrative unfolds, questioning whether they can reclaim the stolen fur coat or if Benny must endure the impending winter without it. Dive into the captivating tale within The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat by Michelle Renee Avis.

The author exhibits commendable storytelling prowess, delivering a concise yet compelling storybook. The vibrancy of the illustrations adds an extra layer of charm, portraying familiar animals that resonate with young readers. The simplicity of the grammar facilitates easy comprehension, with subtle literary devices such as alliteration potentially engaging older audiences.

Beyond its entertainment value, the story imparts valuable life lessons. The theme of greed surfaces as Giselle's actions stem from an insatiable desire for Benny's possessions, encouraging children to appreciate and find contentment in what they have. Furthermore, the narrative emphasizes the significance of friendship, exemplified by Oliver's unwavering loyalty. Oliver accompanies Benny on the quest to retrieve his stolen fur, reigniting the flame of their friendship.

There's nothing about the novel; it proves a captivating read, free of errors. Earning a solid 5 out of 5 stars, I highly recommend it for young children. It's a bedtime story. The embedded lessons make it an invaluable tool for parents seeking to impart essential values, while the engaging narrative ensures an enjoyable and enriching learning experience for the young audience. Adults who love to read to pass time can also pick this up. It's a short and quick read.

The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This review of "The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat" is detailed, helpful, and motivating. It praises the author's storytelling, vibrant illustrations, and valuable life lessons. The reviewer rates it five out of five stars and highly recommends it for young children and adults. Overall, the review suggests that the book would be a good addition to anyone's library, particularly for those seeking an enjoyable and enriching read for children.
McDonald Lauren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonald-lauren.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by McDonald Lauren »

The vibrant illustrations enhance the charm of this storybook, making it an engaging read for young audiences and potentially appealing to older readers as well. Dive into this captivating adventure that explores friendship, trust, and the quest for what's rightfully yours."
Kaitlin Bryant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-bryant.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Kaitlin Bryant »

This book sounds so cute! I will have to read it to my children.
Minaxiben Chandrakant Patel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-minaxiben-chandrakant-patel.html
Latest Review: IslanD-25 by Alan Doer

Post by Minaxiben Chandrakant Patel »

Your review of "The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat" by Michelle Renee Avis provides a thorough and insightful analysis, effectively capturing the essence of the children's book.
Latest Review: IslanD-25 by Alan Doer
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

While this review praises "The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat" for its storytelling, vibrant illustrations, and valuable life lessons, it's important to remember that preferences for storytelling style, artwork, and themes can vary among readers. Considering different perspectives can help determine if the book aligns with personal preferences and interests.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

The review highlights "The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat" as a well-crafted storybook with captivating storytelling prowess and vibrant illustrations. The simplicity of the grammar and potential engagement of older audiences through literary devices like alliteration add to its appeal. The book imparts valuable life lessons about greed and friendship, making it an enjoyable and enriching read for young children. With no errors and a solid 5-star rating, it's highly recommended for parents and adults looking for a quick and engaging bedtime story.
Kshitija Sonawane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: Saving KC by Grinnell Desjarlais
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

I love reading those bedside stories and I love children's books. Something tells me that I'll enjoy this book. Thank you for sharing this review and bring this book to my notice. I would love to read it.
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

A bear needs its fur coat to survive winter. Why was the giraffe jealous of it enough to steal it? Children learn a lesson of not being envious of someone else enough to do something that might cause that person harm.
McDonald Lauren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonald-lauren.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by McDonald Lauren »

I was pleasantly surprised by the depth and complexity of 'The Bear with No Hair.' While it may seem like a simple story on the surface, it delves into themes of friendship, jealousy, and resilience in a way that is accessible to children of all ages. Avis's talent for crafting meaningful narratives shines through, making this book a must-read for families everywhere.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Michelle Renee Avis has woven a captivating tale in 'The Bear with No Hair.' As I delved into Benjamin's world, I couldn't help but be enchanted by the vibrant characters and the depth of their relationships. Avis's storytelling prowess shines through, making this book a perfect addition to any child's library.
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by Mary Clarkee »

I appreciate your comment on the review of "The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat" by Michelle Renee Avis. If you have any specific points or questions you'd like to discuss further, feel free to let me know!
Mary Clarkee
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-clarkee.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by Mary Clarkee »

I'm glad to hear that you found the review of "The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat" insightful and thorough. If you have any specific aspects you'd like to discuss or if you have more questions about the book, feel free to share!
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Temple Of Truth And Lies by James Duvall

Post by Baggett Yori »

Your review of "The Bear with No Hair and the Mystery of the Stolen Fur Coat" effectively captures the essence of the story and highlights its strengths, making it informative for potential readers.

You provide a succinct summary of the narrative, detailing the events surrounding Benny the bear's stolen fur coat and his quest to reclaim it with the help of his friend Oliver the rabbit.

Return to “Children's Books”