Review of Anxiety Unmasked Chase's Triumph

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rashad Deniro Price
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Review of Anxiety Unmasked Chase's Triumph

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Anxiety Unmasked Chase's Triumph" by Michael D. Gatson, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Chase has always been a cheerful, promising boy and has a great interest in education and sports. At the age of eight, however, Chase starts to experience some crises. He withdraws himself from people and social activities and no longer finds his studies interesting. His mom is worried. Ms. Johnson, Chase's teacher, is also bothered by his sudden change. Chase needs help. What could be the problem? What could be the way forward?

Social anxiety is a common condition among adults and children. It can become disastrous in the case of children, as they may not be aware of what is wrong with them or how to access professional help. This condition can ruin a child's self-esteem and drastically affect their adult life if not properly addressed. So I was very glad to come across the children's story, "Anxiety Unmasked Chase's Triumph," written by Michael D. Gatson, Ph.D., and learn about the efforts the author has made to explain what social anxiety means and the resources that can be employed to fix it.

This story emphasizes the importance of a humane professional and support system to a child suffering from this condition, and in this, I appreciated all that Dr. Doobie and Mom represented. I appreciate Dr. Gatson sharing with us his wealth of experience as a psychotherapist. He has provided simple, effective strategies to help readers fix their social anxieties. Through the character Chase, Dr. Gatson also encourages people to be open to treatments and assistance, since it can be difficult to assist someone who is obstinate and unwilling to be helped.

The illustrations were impressive. The word choices are very simple, which makes it easy for children to read and understand the story. I had a great time with this book. The gripping narrative sustained my attention to the end. I also acknowledge the great job done with the editing. I found just one grammatical error in the book. "Anxiety Unmasked Chase's Triumph" earns 5 out of 5 stars for its helpful tips on social anxiety management. I didn't dislike anything in the book and found no reason to deduct any stars from the rating.

I recommend this story to readers between the ages of four and eight. I hope they learn how to master their feelings, become more confident and happier, and be open to help when they need it.

Anxiety Unmasked Chase's Triumph
View: on Bookshelves
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

This review highlights the book "Anxiety Unmasked Chase's Triumph" as a helpful resource for children dealing with social anxiety. The reviewer praises the author, Dr. Michael D. Gatson, for his expertise as a psychotherapist and for providing effective strategies to manage social anxiety. The simple language and impressive illustrations make it accessible for young readers. The review rates the book 5 out of 5 stars and recommends it for readers between the ages of four and eight. Overall, it appears to be a good read that can help children master their feelings and seek assistance when needed.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

I hope Chase is able to get over whatever challenge he is facing. He is still too young to be worried about stuff.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

Social anxiety is something that shouldn't be overlooked, as this situation can destroy the adult life of a child. Unfortunately, some parents are too busy to notice strange behaviors from their children and address them. I hope this book initiate the needed change in society.
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

As someone who struggles with social anxiety, I've never had the chance to understand this and read books like this. Thank you for your writing, but I want to ask about how you determine age limits like 4-8? I'm from a country that doesn't use specific age restrictions much, and it seems interesting. Thank you

Return to “Children's Books”