Official Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Bones In The Alley by Viterose E Van Huis

Re: Official Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

This children's story captivates young readers, seamlessly blending entertainment with enlightenment. Its animal characters evoke a sense of nostalgia in adults, reminiscent of their own cherished childhoods. Simultaneously, these creatures pique the curiosity of children by offering a delightful departure from human protagonists. The inclusion of animal characters fosters a cherished bond between adults and children, making such tales perennial favorites for intergenerational interaction.
mark liu
Currently Reading: If Time Stood Still
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-liu.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by mark liu »

Sounds like an interesting story for children- especially love the use of animals as a main character.
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

This sounds like a fun book for parents to read with their children. The storyline resembles a family expecting a new child, which I think the author used in a very funny way to mimic. This quote alone makes the book more intriguing. "The silliness of the mystery animal alone would be worth it!" Thanks for this great recommendation and awesome review!
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into this book to know how Kailey and Sammy treated another animal who was touted as "unusual on the farm.” I like reading children’s books because of the good values they provide not only for children to acquire but also for adults to be reminded of.
Chubiojo Osayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chubiojo-osayi.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chubiojo Osayi »

It seems like a nice book adopting an animal and giving it a name is a nice concept that children love hearing in their stories and farmer Beau was nice enough to do that
C Howard
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-howard.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Post by C Howard »

Farmer Beau’s farm
Typical book about cats starting with the word just, being a cat vocabulary sentence for anyone wanting to speak cat words, ways & sentences of irregular meaning.
Congratulations on being BOTD.
Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 259
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocky-ellery-james-tumbelaka.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Rocky Ellery James Tumbelaka »

The story alone is enough to make me want to read it. And I'm interested with the cute pictures, I hope that my child will like it. Thanks for the review
Samantha Jo Quinn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Samantha Jo Quinn »

I love how much detail you gave without giving away the whole storyline! After reading the review I am now going to download/buy the story to use in my classroom!
Jaidyn Taylor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaidyn-taylor.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Jaidyn Taylor »

Sounds like a fun read for kids, though the artwork is a little flat and unattractive.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

I'm really glad Farmer Beau and his wife managed to convince Kailey yo stay. I hope Kailey and his friend will get along well with the new animal. This sounds like a great children's book that prepares children for the introduction of a new family member.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The reviewer provides a positive and detailed analysis of the children's book "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger. They appreciate the book's basis on a real-life experience, highlighting the connection to the author's encounter with kittens. The reviewer praises the book's use of simple vocabulary suitable for children, along with the dark blue font that enhances readability. While they mention occasional grammatical errors, they assure that reading the book aloud is still accessible.

The reviewer commends the colorful and lively imagery in the book, comparing it to classic cartoons like Looney Tunes. They acknowledge that the backgrounds may lack depth but emphasize that the characters are the main focus and exude liveliness. Separating the text from the images is seen as a positive aspect.

Regarding themes, the reviewer notes the relatable bond between Kailey and Sammy, drawing parallels to adopting a new child or welcoming a sibling. They appreciate how the book addresses the characters' concerns about the new animal, ultimately presenting a sweet and heartwarming resolution.

In conclusion, the reviewer finds "Farmer Beau's Farm" to be a delightful read. They recommend it for children, particularly those anticipating a new sibling or dealing with sibling dynamics. Animal lovers and children familiar with farm life would also enjoy the book, primarily due to the humor surrounding the mystery animal. The reviewer rates the book with a score of 3 out of 4 stars, indicating a positive overall impression.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
Carlos Flores 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Carlos Flores 3 »

There will never be too many children's books. Kathleen Geiger's book (Farmer Beau's Farm) promises to be the kind of story young children would fall in love with, while learning new experiences, accepting others, and their self-worth. Children learn through imagination, and this book appears to provide the right settings for learning about relationships and , and that's the main reason I agree with the book's review. This book has the potential to become a classic.
Car3523
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-car3523.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Car3523 »

Thank you for your review. It sounds like a book that would interest most kids whether they love animals or they can relate to the challenges that the characters face in the story.
John Arun Kumar
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-arun-kumar.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by John Arun Kumar »

Kathleen Geiger's so creative in writing this children's book. It's about Mr and Mrs Beau the farmers, Kailey the kitten and Sammy the little bunny. There is going to be a new addition, a strange creature to the farm, Malissa. All this causes concerns for Kailey and Sammy. An interesting book on newcomers to the family and a good book review. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

This sounds like an entertaining read for young children; I like the images. I enjoyed your review and like your take that this book may help siblings who are dealing with new family dynamics.

Return to “Children's Books”