Review of Travel Rangers Mission to Ireland

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Review of Travel Rangers Mission to Ireland

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Travel Rangers Mission to Ireland" by Erika Bud.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In this second installment of the "Travel Rangers" series, Hannah, James, Kayden, and Bella embark on a tour to Ireland. Their travel guide is Uncle Seamie. In the course of their tours, they learn a lot of things about Ireland. I guess every kid will be excited to read about them. There you have it! It is a great thing to get a copy of "Travel Rangers: Mission to Ireland," written by Erika Bud and illustrated by Remesh Ram.

I appreciate the ideology behind the "Travel Rangers" series, which is to expose children to other countries and their cultures. I think this is a worthy cause, as it helps children grow up appreciating and respecting the beauty and strength of our diversity. It is also great to know how the author's life experiences influenced this series. Erika Bud takes delight in traveling to different countries and getting to know several things about their culture. At present, she has been to over thirty countries!

This book contains a lot of information about Ireland, like the two independent countries under the umbrella "Ireland" and their capitals, the kind of food the people eat, the name of their native language, their weather (like one of the sunniest months in the region), the walled city of Derry, where the famous Titanic ship was built, and why Ireland is called the Emerald Isle, among so many others. I cherished reading about these.

The narrative is so captivating, which makes it very interesting to follow the kids' adventures. I was impressed by the exceptional editing; I didn't come across any grammatical errors while reading this book. The illustrations were amazing. They accurately captured relevant moments in the tours. I can't figure out any aspect of this book that needs improvement. I think everything is perfect.

I am excited to rate this book five out of five stars for the education and fun it offers. I got to learn several things about Ireland that I was ignorant of. "Travel Rangers: Mission to Ireland" is recommended for children between the ages of four and eight. I am sure they will turn the last page better informed and grateful for the fun brought to them by the tours across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.

Travel Rangers Mission to Ireland
View: on Bookshelves
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 380
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Know Your Buyer! by D.L. Andrews
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I thought the Titanic was built in Belfast?
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list.

Return to “Children's Books”