Review of Belle And Chloe-Reflections In The Mirror

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Review of Belle And Chloe-Reflections In The Mirror

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Belle And Chloe-Reflections In The Mirror" by Isabela Sardas, Ph.D..]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Belle and Chloe are twin sisters. They look alike and like to do so many things together and in the same way. Sometimes, they enjoy switching classes to test whether their teachers and friends can identify who is who. However, things begin to get bad when Belle has an accident while helping her mother with dinner. A pot of boiling soup falls over her, and she sustains third-degree burns. Going forward, Belle's self-esteem, social life, and perceptions will depend so much on so many factors.

This children's story is born out of the author's childhood experience, and by extension, the story tells of the collective pain, mental torture, isolation, anger, self-pity—the list goes on—that those who have suffered this have experienced at various points in time. The story highlights how fast life can switch sides—fun being replaced with sadness, familial bonds being replaced with resentment, and social inclinations being replaced with isolation—but also shows how family, love, support, solidarity, and a positive mindset can make a whole lot of difference.

Sharing our pains can be a source of strength for those trapped in similar situations, as they get to know that life is not particularly working against them, understand why they feel the way they do, and be enlightened on the best possible solutions to their problems. This book offers these and more, and so I recommend that it be purchased for all children suffering from different kinds of burns, other ailments, or disabilities. The story is also suitable for every other child, as they get to learn about other people's struggles and be appreciative of whatever nature has to offer them.

The illustrations are okay, and they capture every detail of Belle's accident and recovery process. These paintings can help children suffering from burns, other ailments, or disabilities connect with Belle on a deeper level. The language is simple, which makes reading very easy. I didn't come across any grammatical errors, which shows that the book was thoroughly edited. I rate "Belle and Chloe: Reflections in the Mirror" five out of five stars for its message of hope, the right mindset, and healing. I didn't dislike anything in the book and have no reason to remove any stars from the rating.

I appreciate the effort Dr. Isabela Sardas has invested in writing this story. I hope it comforts every suffering child out there and empowers them to seek ways to make their situations better.

Belle And Chloe-Reflections In The Mirror
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Moon ieee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Moon ieee »

This book is good to read, especially for children born with twins. Because they tend to do everything together, and of course even though they are twins Not all of their characteristics are the same.
the story tells of the collective pain, mental torture, isolation, anger, self-pity—the list goes on
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for providing such a thorough and enthusiastic review of Patricia Conroy's "Mockingbird Moon". Your observations regarding the book's captivating plot, outstanding visuals, and educational value are useful to future readers. It's encouraging to learn how the author was able to pique people's interest in nature and bird watching. Your personal connection to the narrative, together with the recommendations for different audiences, gives dimension to the review. Excellent job conveying your passion!
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

Based on the review, "Belle and Chloe: Reflections in the Mirror" seems to be an excellent book with a powerful message of hope, resilience, and healing. The reviewer mentions how the story portrays the pain and challenges faced by those with burns, while also emphasizing the importance of love, support, and a positive mindset. The illustrations are praised for capturing the details of Belle's journey, and the language is described as simple and easy to read. Overall, the review rates the book five out of five stars, recommending it not only for children with burns or disabilities but also for every child to learn about empathy and appreciation.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

This story looks like a touching one. I hope the fun, excitement and happiness come back between the children.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The author's personal touch and the genuine portrayal of life's challenges, like Belle's journey through burns and recovery, create a powerful narrative. I'm eager to dive into the story, drawn by the book's positive message, the importance of family, and the resilience it promises. The reviewer's commendation of the illustrations and the book's accessibility further solidify my excitement to explore this touching tale of hope and healing.
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I know twins named Bella and Choe haha! Must share this book
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list

Return to “Children's Books”