Review of The Unusual Zoo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Review of The Unusual Zoo

Post by Kendal Low »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Unusual Zoo" by David Bailey.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Children’s books are usually quite fun-filled and creative. They have to be, as they are designed to captivate the attention of young ones whose minds wander easily. I have read and reviewed quite a few children’s books in the last few years, and I believe this is a top contender to be my favorite! The Unusual Zoo by David Bailey is an adventurous tale of animals only the most creative minds could dream up.

The author combined all sorts of different animals. I was not expecting that as I went into the book, so it was a lovely surprise to see all of the unconventional animals and all of the fun they got up to. I think my favorite animal was the roonicorn – half kangaroo and half unicorn!

The Unusual Zoo deserves nothing but praise. The author’s passion and creativity have resulted in a project little ones will love. The unusual and unexpected joining of different animals will be sure to extract a giggle from the kids as they read along. The colorful illustrations alongside the text will, I’m sure, add even more enjoyment to their reading experience. It is easy to see that David Bailey and Rhiannon Griffiths put much thought into the sweet pictures accompanying the story. Not only will the illustrations attract children, but they will also help them foster creativity and learn how wonderfully color can be used.

I could think of nothing to dislike about this book. It was meticulously edited, as I found no errors, and it will bring joy to the (hopefully) many children who read it. I believe it will also elicit a chuckle or two from the parents reading it to their children. For the reasons I have mentioned above, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, as it deserves nothing less.

I believe this book would be best suited to young children on their journey of learning how to read, as the writing is simple and easy to understand. It would also be a lovely addition to the bedtime stories parents read their little ones every night.

The Unusual Zoo
View: on Bookshelves
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:

Post by Timothy Gye »

Nwansimdi Mercy Someze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwansimdi-mercy-someze.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Nwansimdi Mercy Someze »

The notion that it could be a top contender for your favorite suggests it has left a strong positive impression. The use of the term "adventurous tale" hints at an engaging and imaginative narrative that captures the attention of young readers.
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

The reviewer provides a glowing review of "The Unusual Zoo" by David Bailey, praising its creativity, fun-filled storytelling, and colorful illustrations. They particularly enjoyed the unexpected combination of different animals and found the book meticulously edited. The reviewer believes it will captivate young readers and bring joy to both children and parents. They rate it 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it for children learning to read or as a bedtime story. Overall, this review indicates that "The Unusual Zoo" is a highly recommended and enjoyable children's book.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

Hmm, a book involving animals. Looks interesting. Thanks for the review.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The mix of unconventional animals, especially the unicorn, sounds delightfully imaginative. I love that the author's passion shines through, promising a joyful reading experience for both kids and parents. The meticulously edited content and vibrant illustrations make it a perfect addition to bedtime stories. Can't wait to share the laughter and creativity with young readers.

Return to “Children's Books”