Review of Miso and Kili's Flying Adventures

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rashad Deniro Price
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: The Story of Super Wealth by Andrew Stevenson

Review of Miso and Kili's Flying Adventures

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Miso and Kili's Flying Adventures" by J.M. Chrismer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In this first series of "Miso and Kili's Flying Adventures," the ragdoll friends Miso and Kili decide to explore the oceans in search of some beautiful islands. The flight goes smoothly, and the friends enjoy the sight of the sea life below them. Everything seems promising. However, the friends are soon faced with some problems, first from the inclement weather and then from the strange felines on the island. How are they going to navigate these situations?

"Miso and Kili's Flying Adventures: New Island Friends" is a children's story written by J. M. Chrismer. I guess the author's job as a corporate flight attendant has influenced the making of the stories in the "Miso and Kili's Flying Adventures" series. I did enjoy this first series. The first thing that captured my attention was the gripping, short narrative. This is something that will immediately appeal to kids and get them ready to follow the events that unfold across the ocean and the island.

The story also teaches some great lessons about life. Miso and Kili's experiences should teach children that life is unpredictable and that it is important to maintain a positive mindset and be open enough while responding to whatever life throws at us. There might be light where we think it is inhabited by darkness, and what we think to be a disappointment might turn out to be our greatest life adventure.

Furthermore, the illustrations are clear and appropriate and helped enrich the story, making my reading a whole bunch of fascinating memories. There is no issue with the language; the word choices are made simple for easy comprehension. Also, the editing is commendable, as there were only two grammatical errors in the book.

I didn't dislike anything in this book, and given the aforementioned merits, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. "Miso and Kili's Flying Adventures: New Island Friends" is recommended for children aged four to eight.

Miso and Kili's Flying Adventures
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lilo n Stitch
Currently Reading: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilo-n-stitch.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles

Post by Lilo n Stitch »

Sounds like an exciting adventure. The idea of ragdoll friends exploring oceans and facing unexpected challenges sounds like a fun children's story. The positive life lessons woven into the narrative and the clear illustrations make it seem like an engaging read for kids. I'm curious to explore this series and will recommend it to my niece. Thanks
Tijani Islamiat Kofoworola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tijani-islamiat-kofoworola.html

Post by Tijani Islamiat Kofoworola »

Nice review! I am curious about how the book ended and I must commend the author for the job well done! I will try to get a copy of this book. It caught my attention.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

"Miso and Kili's Flying Adventures: New Island Friends" by J. M. Chrismer sounds like a delightful children's story with engaging adventures and valuable life lessons. Your review provides a thorough and positive overview of the book, emphasizing its gripping narrative, the incorporation of life lessons, and the quality of illustrations.

Thank you for sharing your insights into "Miso and Kili's Flying Adventures: New Island Friends"!
Shinshinshin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Shinshinshin »

The review of "Miso and Kili's Flying Adventures: New Island Friends" is positive overall, praising the engaging narrative, valuable life lessons, and appropriate illustrations. The reviewer also commends the simple language and commendable editing. With a 5 out of 5-star rating, the book appears to be a highly recommended read for children aged four to eight.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The Road To Weight Loss by Oliver James

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The gripping narrative and valuable life lessons for children have me excited to join Miso and Kili on their oceanic exploration. The simplicity of language, commendable editing, and enriching illustrations promise a delightful reading experience. Your 5-star rating and the recommendation for children aged four to eight have sealed the deal for me.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

J.M. Chrismer has done a great job with this children's story, "Miso and Kili's Flying Adventures: New Island Friends", teaching children the importance of positive mindset in the midst of difficulties and the benefits of forging great friendships. I am glad to know the story was well illustrated and written in simple language.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

Adventurous stories are always interesting to read. I'm very sure kids will love to read this particular book. Thanks for the review
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Sweeter Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sweeter Parker »

This book seems engaging, especially to children. I myself am a fan of children books and will be looking forward to checking this book out.

Return to “Children's Books”