Review of Life Lessons and Tales of Little MisFit- Book 1

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Review of Life Lessons and Tales of Little MisFit- Book 1

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Life Lessons and Tales of Little MisFit- Book 1" by Dr. Susan K Grunin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Things don't always work out how we want them to, and we often discover that our initial assumptions about something's validity are incorrect. We should all take a break and reflect on our lives to see what we can learn. Susan K. Grunin's Life Lessons and Tales of Little Misfit Book 1: Life Isn't Always What It Seems is a children's book that enlightens readers on the experiences of Ivy Sue Klutz in her early days in school.

A young girl by the name of Ivy Sue Klutz, whose first memories of her sister Lynn were ruining a 5-year-old birthday party, was expected to be praised but instead was scolded, and this made her see that things were not always what they seemed, and that incident made her feel different from other kids. As she grew older, she noticed that it was okay to be different, but it could make things difficult for her sometimes. These experiences are detailed in Life Lessons and Tales of Little Misfit Book 1, and children should not miss out on this book filled with humor and lessons.

This book stands out among many children's books I have read because its contents are morally intuitive. The author took time to ensure that this book not only shared moral knowledge but also added a touch of humor to keep readers entertained. There were many funny contents, like the children's view of German measles, how they were angry at their German neighbors, and when Sue felt that her name, Ivy, was like calling her after a plant. It would be enlightening for little children to know about the zebra crossing and the crossing guard. The book also talks about love and sacrifice, like when Lynn took the blame for her sister's actions. Lastly, little children could learn new words such as clumsy and defiant, and the book would give children an excellent perception of school and how it would impact them.

I have no negative comments about this book, so I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. Also, while reading this book, I didn't encounter any errors, which proves that it was exceptionally well-edited. I recommend this book to children from four to ten because it would relate best to them.

Life Lessons and Tales of Little MisFit- Book 1
View: on Bookshelves
Tareq abd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Tareq abd »

I have a great passion for reading these types of books, which contain short stories and include humor in some of them, and they will remind me a little of my childhood.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

This book sounds like a delightful and insightful children's book. The narrative focusing on Ivy Sue Klutz's experiences in school offers valuable lessons about embracing differences and the nuances of life. Your mention of morally intuitive content, humor, and the inclusion of new words for children make it an engaging read. The positive review, highlighting the absence of errors and well-executed editing, further emphasizes the book's quality. Your 5-star rating and recommendation to children aged four to ten underscore its potential to resonate with young readers. I appreciate your detailed insights into the book's themes and content.
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

The review of "Life Lessons and Tales of Little Misfit Book 1: Life Isn't Always What It Seems" by Susan K. Grunin portrays it as an exceptional children's book filled with humor and moral lessons. The author skillfully balances entertainment with valuable insights, making it a worthwhile read for children aged four to ten. The reviewer appreciates the author's efforts in incorporating funny content, teaching new words, and illustrating love and sacrifice. With no negative remarks and an error-free reading experience, the book appears to be a great choice for young readers, earning a 5-star rating.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

"Things don't always work out how we want them to" that's a fact. I really love this review. Thanks!
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The author's blend of humor and moral lessons, especially the amusing take on German measles and the clever exploration of the name "Ivy," has me excited for the unique perspective it offers. The seamless incorporation of love, sacrifice, and the introduction of new words makes it not just educational but also an enjoyable read for children. Thanks for sharing.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you
Sweeter Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sweeter Parker »

This honestly sounds like an amazing book to read. I'm a huge fan of books that include humor and are light hearted. Lovely review!

Return to “Children's Books”