Review of Sally Travels

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Review of Sally Travels

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sally Travels" by Anna Flores.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Do you enjoy solving riddles? Do you have that detective inside you who can smell clues and solve mysteries? Do puzzles excite you? If yes, then I have a book for you!

In the book Sally Travels by Anna Flores, get on board with the endearing character Sally as she takes you on an enchanting journey of exploration and discovery through her eyes. The story is filled with vibrant descriptions, engaging activities, and fascinating clues that invite readers to play along and guess the destinations.

The book’s inclusion of amazing full-page colored illustrations that alternate with pages of text is truly wonderful. These illustrations not only complement the narrative but also bring the story to life, capturing the essence of each destination. The vivid imagery provides young readers with a visual feast, enhancing their understanding of the places Sally visits. The illustrations beautifully convey the diverse landscapes, from city streets to ocean views, creating a visually captivating experience.

The story is cleverly crafted, making use of Sally's love for guessing games to involve readers in the adventure. The author smartly weaves in clues throughout the story, encouraging children to actively participate in guessing the locations. This interactive element adds an extra layer of enjoyment, turning the book into a playful and educational experience. This is something I liked the most about the book.

The book's journey takes readers on a trip with Sally, her mom, and her brother, exploring various transportation modes and experiencing different climates. From the scenic ‘Waterfront Park’ to the majestic ‘Olympic Sculpture Park,’ each destination is intricately described, allowing readers to envision the sights, sounds, and smells of the places Sally visits.

The inclusion of a glossary at the end of the book provides an educational component, helping young readers expand their vocabulary and understand key terms related to travel and exploration. Thus, due to all of these positive aspects of the book, I rate it 4 out of 5 stars. I have removed a star from the overall rating because I felt the book was too short, even for children. It had just one mystery, and I hoped that there would at least be two or three more mysteries to solve because they were so good! Nonetheless, this is a wonderful children’s book with exceptional and flawless editing.

In the end, I’d say that Sally Travels not only entertains but also educates, making it a perfect choice for parents and educators looking for a captivating and educational read for children. The combination of engaging storytelling, interactive elements, and visually stunning illustrations makes this book a delightful addition to any young reader's collection. I would recommend this book to all children who fall in the age group of 3 to 8.

Sally Travels
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

This sounds like a delightful book. My grandchildren would all love to have this book read to them. Children love mysteries and clues to solve them with. They also gather alot of information from pictures. The loss of a star in the rating due to the omission of a couple of extra mystery stories is a blessing in disguise! The reader will be left wanting more from this author. That is a great problem for the author to have. Thank you for this great review. This book is going on my bookshelves. :techie-studyinggray:
Shinshinshin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Shinshinshin »

The review provides a positive evaluation of the book "Sally Travels" by Anna Flores. The reviewer praises the engaging storytelling, interactive elements, and visually stunning illustrations that make it a captivating and educational read for children. Despite the reviewer wishing for more mysteries in the book, overall, they recommend it to children aged 3 to 8.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: You Own Me by Susan Shumaker

Post by Clauson Justin »

Young readers will appreciate this book. When I first saw the cover, I thought about Dora the Explorer. They'll have fun solving the puzzles while learning. You wrote an amazing review.

Return to “Children's Books”