Review of Trixie The Three Legged Deer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Review of Trixie The Three Legged Deer

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Trixie The Three Legged Deer" by Jeffrey Lebowski.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In the Forest of Whispers lived a deer named Trixie. Unlike other deer, this very deer has only three legs, but she didn't allow that to depress her or make her mean-spirited. Instead, she courageously accepted her condition and chose to be nice to fellow animals, a lifestyle that left a great impact on the entire community. Due to the scarcity of food following the season change, the animals in the Forest of Whispers migrate to the city. Here again, we see Trixie do extraordinary things, creating remarkable memories in both the Forest of Whispers and the city—memories that won't be forgotten anytime soon.

"Trixie the Three-Legged Deer: A Tale of Courage and Love" is a children's story written by Jeffrey Lebowski. Through the animal character Trixie, Lebowski embarks on a deep exploration of a more helpful approach to life's challenges and the need to pursue and preserve noble values. He did remarkably well with this. Themes of unconditional acceptance of one's self, courage, love, devotion to worthy causes, compassion for other people's plight, respect for other people's identities, and openness to social interactions run across the story of the character Trixie, her relationship with other animals, her encounter with and adoption of an orphaned deer named Meadow, and the events that unfolded when the animals in the Forest of Whispers migrated to the city in search of food.

The story makes strong statements about the need to prioritize what truly matters. An instance is in the scene where Trixie advocates paying more attention to the content of one's character than their physical appearance (disability, for example, is a physical thing and has nothing to do with the state of one's heart). I truly enjoyed reading about the incidents in the city. I felt proud reading about the coming together and the communion of all creations to forge united, complementary goals and destinies. I admired the qualities Trixie and Meadow embodied and the awareness they created in the Forest of Whispers and the city.

This is a well-edited work, and it's free of grammatical errors. I have no complaints to report and see no reason to deduct any stars from the rating, so I give this book five out of five stars for the aforementioned merits. I recommend the story to readers aged four to nine. I am confident the positive values portrayed in this story will greatly contribute to raising a human population that will shun all vices and uphold causes that serve the common good.

Trixie The Three Legged Deer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amira M 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amira-m-1.html
Latest Review: The Beloved by Banks Hudson

Post by Amira M 1 »

I love how you captured the essence of the book in your review. It makes me even more excited to read it.
Christabel nmeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-nmeso.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christabel nmeso »

What a heartwarming story "Trixie the Three-Legged Deer: A Tale of Courage and Love" seems to be! Trixie's resilience and the book's message about the importance of character over appearance is inspiring. It's wonderful how stories like this can teach such valuable lessons in an engaging way. It must have been a delight to read about Trixie's adventures and the unity she inspired.
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I love the idea of this story ! ❤️
Ringle Nashak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ringle-nashak.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ringle Nashak »

the book's message about the importance of character over appearance is inspiring. It's wonderful how stories like this can teach such valuable lessons in an engaging way
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

Trixie's tale of overcoming adversity with courage and love deeply inspires me, showcasing the power of acceptance and compassion. Her journey from the Forest of Whispers to the city, making impactful memories and promoting unity, truly captures the essence of noble values. I'm excited to dive into this heartwarming story, confident it will enrich my perspective on life's challenges and the importance of character over appearances.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list

Return to “Children's Books”