Review of To Catch a Monkey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Review of To Catch a Monkey

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "To Catch a Monkey" by Richard Read.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

To Catch a Monkey by Richard Read is a story about three friends who find a runaway monkey in the park. They want to help the monkey and bring him back to the zoo, but they face challenges from some older kids who also want to catch the monkey. The book follows their adventures as they try to outsmart the older kids and capture the monkey. It's a fun and exciting story about friendship, teamwork, and bravery.

In a more detailed narrative, we met Calista, Tabitha, and Skyler, three friends who love animals. One day, they spot a runaway monkey named Papillon in their local park. Excited to help, they decide to catch him and return him safely to the zoo where he belongs. But their mission isn't easy, as they face challenges from a group of older kids who also want to catch the monkey. As they work together to outsmart the older kids and capture Papillon, they encounter unexpected twists and turns that test their friendship and courage. Will they be able to catch Papillon and save the day?

This is an exciting and fun story that will keep you entertained. The characters are relatable, and their adventures are full of suspense and excitement. The writing style is easy to understand, with simple language that makes it easy for anyone to follow along, especially the children. The author does a great job of describing the scenes and making you feel like you're right there with the characters. I won’t forget to mention how excited I was to see that the author used pictures in this book; it made it more fun to read.

I did not notice any errors while reading, which shows that the book was properly edited. However, there were too many inconsistencies in the formatting, which was very off for me. For example, the spacing and font. Due to the inconsistencies, I would deduct a star; hence, I would rate the book four out of five stars. This book is suitable for children or adults who enjoy reading children's books.

To Catch a Monkey
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

A heartwarming tale of friendship, courage, and adventure. The blend of suspenseful storytelling, relatable characters, and visual illustrations promises a captivating read. Can't wait to join Calista, Tabitha, and Skyler on their quest.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

I love brave kids who perform team work. I hope they are able to help Papillon. This is definitely a book I would love to read
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Sweeter Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sweeter Parker »

These childbooks are always a joy to read. This review makes me feel like this one will be one of my favorite ones. I can't wait to check it out. Great review!
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

Thank you for the great information about the book. You presented it in the most convincing way
Juliet Samuel 1
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 2
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Juliet Samuel 1 »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book.Adding it to my reading list right away.

Return to “Children's Books”