Review of Space Elves Defend Their Planet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Review of Space Elves Defend Their Planet

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Space Elves Defend Their Planet" by Lamar Golden and Liana Golden.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The space elves have been living peacefully on their various planets, and everything appears to be moving fine until Lord Droxy, the leader of the elves on Planet Doom, becomes greedy and desires to annex Planet Rain. Lord Droxy has made his position clear to Lord Ruffles, the leader of the elves on Planet Rain: surrender your territory to the government of Planet Doom or get destroyed! But Lord Ruffles is not willing to surrender his land and people to the reign of a conqueror and bully. He opts to defend his territory and is ready to seek assistance wherever it could be found, be it from Chief Solarium, the leader of the elves on Planet Hope, or from the space federation. There are heavy sacrifices and consequences ahead.

"Space Elves Defend Their Planet" is a children's story written by Lamar Golden and Liana Golden. On a wider scale, the story highlights the dangers of war and how each party involved is a casualty, irrespective of who is winning or losing. On a closer look, we see in the story traces of the current conflicts between Russia and Ukraine and Israel and Hamas. There are emphatic notes on how the unrestrained arrogance and greediness of leaders of powerful nations have continued to cause global unrest and bring loss, suffering, and deprivation to innocent civilian populations.

The story also exposes the inefficiency of global organizations in maintaining law and order and holding war criminals accountable. The sad situation of placing technicality over the necessary course of action is clearly noted as well. Aside from the aforementioned commentaries, the story offers solutions that can foster peaceful resolution of disagreement or injury, thereby saving the world from the ravages of war. The exceptional editing and the illustrations helped make my reading memorable.

I found no issues in this book and saw no reasons to deduct any stars from it. Therefore, I rate it five out of five stars for its timely message against war and its offer of peaceful conflict resolution as a far better option. "Space Elves Defend Their Planet" is recommended for readers aged one to twelve.

Space Elves Defend Their Planet
View: on Bookshelves
Chunnu Muduli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chunnu-muduli.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chunnu Muduli »

Didn't expect a children's book to have this much info about politics and wars. Given the plot, I think this book will also be liked by adults. Thanks for the detailed review.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

Thank you for your detailed review of "Space Elves Defend Their Planet." It's great to hear that the book addresses important themes related to war, conflict resolution, and the consequences of leaders' actions. Your insights into the broader implications of the story are valuable. If you have any more books or topics you'd like to discuss, feel free to let me know!
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further

Return to “Children's Books”