Review of God's Healthy Laws: Mamma, Why Do People Get Sick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Review of God's Healthy Laws: Mamma, Why Do People Get Sick

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God's Healthy Laws: Mamma, Why Do People Get Sick" by Gina R Jenkins.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

God's Healthy Laws: "Mamma, Why Do People Get Sick?" is a children's story written by Gina Jenkins. The book teaches children eight essential health tips. These health lessons are interwoven in the conversations between the character Zarriah and her mother and are simplified with appealing illustrations and simple word choices.

What immediately stood out for me in this book was its engaging content, mainly achieved by presenting the information in a conversational format, thus making the communication of knowledge to the children very easy. Also, I appreciated the seamless transitions to new knowledge; it's either Zarriah or her mother taking the lead, and in each instance, this is so perfectly done. An example is seen on page 28, where the circumstance surrounding Zarriah's stomach ache paves the way to the introduction of the seventh Healthy Law, "Temperance."

Each of the eight healthy laws—which are trust, water, fresh air, sunshine, nutrition, exercise, temperance, and sleep—was thoroughly discussed and presented in a way children can easily understand (take, for instance, this excellent comparison: "Drinking water is like taking a bath on the inside," page 13), thus equipping children with the concrete knowledge they need to build a healthier, happier life. There are so many wonderful insights in this book, like the knowledge about the body's ability to heal itself, provided it is given the conducive environment to do so. Children will also be fascinated to know of the many benefits of quality sleep (it's funny that some children do not like to sleep!), which will make them appreciate the efforts their parents make to get them to sleep early and have quality rest.

The book was well edited. I found just two grammatical errors in it. There are some religious contents in the book, like some biblical quotations and mentions of God and Jesus, but these do not in any way affect the understanding or application of the health tips shared in this book. So I recommend it to any child between the ages of seven and twelve. It's my pleasure to rate God's Healthy Laws: "Mamma, Why Do People Get Sick?" five out of five stars for the aforementioned merits and because I didn't dislike anything in it.

God's Healthy Laws: Mamma, Why Do People Get Sick
View: on Bookshelves
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

Your thorough review of "God's Healthy Laws: 'Mamma, Why Do People Get Sick?'" by Gina Jenkins highlights the book's effectiveness in imparting crucial health tips to children in an engaging and understandable manner. Your insightful analysis and recommendation make this review valuable and deserving of praise.

Thanks for sharing your reading experience with us!
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Ringle Nashak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ringle-nashak.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ringle Nashak »

What immediately stood out for me in this book was its engaging content, mainly achieved by presenting the information in a conversational format,
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

The acknowledgment of the book's conversational format and seamless transitions between characters as a standout feature highlights the author's skill in presenting information in an accessible and enjoyable way. The specific example of Zarriah's stomach ache leading to the introduction of the seventh Healthy Law demonstrates a thoughtful approach to storytelling and education.
Rashad Deniro Price
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

This is a great book and will help children know the kind of lifestyle they need to live in order to maintain good health. They say knowledge is power, and this is just one instance of it. The conversational tone should easily capture and sustain children's attention as they read this book.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

A book that tells children how to live healthy, that's interesting. I believe this book is a must read for kids. The book should be able to enlighten them on what they need to do in other to stay healthy.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
Clauson Justin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Post by Clauson Justin »

I was fascinated by the book's cover. The author passes her message across in a way that her intended readers will find it easy to understand. Thank you for such a beautiful review.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Sweeter Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sweeter Parker »

The content of this book is incredible and much needed. As much as I like violent crime novel we also need books that promote positivity. This book seems like a must read. Awesome review!
Kaitlin Bryant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-bryant.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Kaitlin Bryant »

What a beautifully written review!
This sounds like a wonderful book to read to children. I will definitely have to read it to my 2 kids!
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Hey, this is another interesting book that teaches not only children but also their parents about health education. I like how your review sparked my interest in wanting to read this book. Nowadays, educating children needs to be done in a fun way, and this review triggered me to want to read this book. Thanks for writing it.

Return to “Children's Books”