Review of What Easter Really Means

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Confabulations of Toulouse Lechat by Richard Trebilcock

Review of What Easter Really Means

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What Easter Really Means" by Darrylynn Fabrizius.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Mollie, a six-year-old girl, is excited about the Easter celebration and really wants to know who invented it and what it's all about. There are questions popping up in her head about this subject, and she soon meets Grandma for answers. From here begins a conversation that is so fun and enlightening.

What Easter Really Means is a children's story written by Darrylynn Fabrizius. I appreciate the drive behind writing this story. Just like some of the author's grandchildren, there are several Christian children who do not really understand what Easter is. They think it's all about eating, drinking, and having lots of fun. Well, these are great ways of making Easter Day more memorable, but there is something deeper that made this day even possible, and that should be our major focus.

So this book does a great job of teaching children how Easter came to be and for whose honor it's being observed. The story is very engaging. It is crafted in a way to make readers feel present and involved in the conversation between Mollie and Grandma. There are even spaces left for the readers to introduce themselves and also share the outcome of their conversations with their parents and grandparents about what Easter is all about.

The story also notes the significance of Easter for our eternal fate and destination as Christians. The illustrations, done by Jason Velazquez, are great and add depth to the story. The language is simple, making it easy for children to read and understand the information shared in this story. The absence of grammatical errors made my reading smooth and memorable.

I rate this book five out of five stars for the easy-to-understand explanations of what Easter truly is and for the exceptional editing. I found no issues in this book, so there is no reason to deduct any stars from the rating. What Easter Really Means is recommended for Christian readers aged six to eight years.

What Easter Really Means
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you
Daniel Chigozie ANI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-chigozie-ani.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance

Post by Daniel Chigozie ANI »

It is a good one, for everybody to understand the celebration that attached to Easter, and the sacrifices our Lord Jesus Christ paid for we to be save and believe in the real faith of Christianity.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Sweeter Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sweeter Parker »

You did an incredible job with this review. You explanation of the book is convincing. I'm most likely going to check this book out, even if it's not my type of book. Great review!
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
Christianking
Currently Reading: How to Succeed After 55
Bookshelf Size: 6
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 15%

Post by Christianking »

am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

The premise of Mollie's curiosity about Easter and her conversation with Grandma to understand its deeper significance is appealing. Your appreciation for the author's drive to educate children about the true meaning of Easter is noted. The focus on going beyond the surface-level celebrations and emphasizing the religious significance of the day is considered a strong point of the book.
Brittany Stephens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Brittany Stephens »

I'd really like to read that book it's seems to be a very pleasant fun book great review by the way
Brittany Smith
Faith Job
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-job.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Faith Job »

It is a very fun book. Just make sure you read it when you can take notes. I really enjoyed reading this book.
Prakhar 121
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prakhar-121.html
Latest Review: Love Is by Kim Sorrelle

Post by Prakhar 121 »

"What Easter Really Means" by Darrylynn Fabrizius is a delightful children's story that beautifully explains the significance of Easter. Through engaging conversations between Mollie and her Grandma, young readers learn about the true meaning of Easter and its importance in Christianity. The book's illustrations by Jason Velazquez enhance the storytelling, and the simple language makes it accessible for children. With no grammatical errors and a clear message, this book earns a perfect five-star rating. It's highly recommended for children aged six to eight who want to understand Easter better.
Biswajit Barman 1
2024 Reading Goal: 91

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

The book serves as an educational tool for children, offering insight into the origins and meaning of Easter beyond the traditional festivities of egg hunts and treats. Fabrizius skillfully weaves together a narrative that engages young readers while imparting valuable lessons about faith and spirituality.
ANNITA RIZKI FAULINA
2024 Reading Goal: 20

Post by ANNITA RIZKI FAULINA »

what a good story! I can't wait to read whole pages and know what the Easter celebration is about.
cause I think this book gives education to children as young readers to understand what Fabrizius tries to teach about all lessons beyond faith and spirituality.
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

This book is timely to help not just children but everyone understand about Easter, especially since the celebration is just around the corner. Great review.
Daisy Lou
Currently Reading: Trust Signals
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daisy-lou.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 32%

Post by Daisy Lou »

Thank you for your insightful review of "What Easter Really Means" by Darrylynn Fabrizius. It's heartwarming to see how the story effectively educates children about the deeper significance of Easter beyond the festivities, engaging them in a meaningful conversation with Grandma. With its captivating narrative, simple language, and beautiful illustrations, this book serves as a valuable resource for young Christian readers, earning a well-deserved five-star rating.
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
Daisy Lou :character-ariel:

"Anything you can imagine you can make real." -Jules Verne

Return to “Children's Books”