Review of The magical falls

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Review of The magical falls

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The magical falls" by Tammy Pickert.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Emotions are powerful, and I regard them as the driving force behind the majority of our acts in life. Everyone reacts differently to situations, and Tammy Pickert's book The Magical Falls, illustrated by Trevor Van Hoesen and Koosh Graphics, teaches children about emotions.

The author's niece, Addison, an eleven-year-old with Down syndrome who was born two months early but persevered in the face of difficulty, inspired this excellent book. Addi goes to Pickertville Middle School, and being born as a preemie makes her a little shorter than her classmates. Because the kids had known each other since kindergarten, they all watched out for each other. One day, there was a new girl in her glass by the name of Nuella, who was at first quiet and shy, and she sat close to Addi. Soon, she started being unkind to Addi, and this confused her. The reason could only be known after reading a copy of this book.

This book is appealing mainly because it is an enlightening resource for children about emotions and how not managing them well could negatively impact them. Children often don't know how to manage their feelings; this book is a good ideology. The book would also help them understand the importance of sharing their feelings with family and friends, as it would give them relief. I also commend the illustrators for their wonderful graphic pictures. Addi, as a character, was very friendly despite all odds, and this would encourage young readers to emulate having a kind heart.

Considering the positives listed above, I have no dislikes for this book, and I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I didn't encounter grammatical errors while reading, which proves careful editing. Lastly, I recommend this book to parents aged between 7 and 15 because it is ideal for them.

The magical falls
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

The review also commends the illustrators, Trevor Van Hoesen and Koosh Graphics, for their contribution to the book, noting the visually appealing and engaging artwork that accompanies the storyline. Additionally, the character of Addi is portrayed as a beacon of kindness and resilience, serving as a positive role model for young readers to emulate.
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

How amazing that we can teach kids important lessons through reading them books like these. I would love for my child to read this.

Return to “Children's Books”