Review of Grandpa Hedgehog And The Big Black Bag

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Fleeting Moments by Michelle da Silva Richmond

Review of Grandpa Hedgehog And The Big Black Bag

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Grandpa Hedgehog And The Big Black Bag" by Irwin Stone.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Grandpa Hedgehog And The Big Black Bag is a children's book written by Irwin Stone. The purpose of this book is to educate youngsters about the effects of littering on animals' homes and to encourage them to help their environment. When Grandpa Hedgehog was injured on his back by a garbage bag that had fallen on top of him, he was unable to get back up. This put him in a difficult situation. Will he receive assistance from a person or even from other creatures?

The fact that this book is written in rhyme makes it an excellent choice for younger children who are interested in learning about the environment while maintaining their attention. The prose is simple and straightforward, and the illustrations are a perfect complement to the body of the text. In addition, children are taught not to litter and the implications that littering can have for animals through reading this book.

The bright colours were the first thing that caught my attention, and I couldn't get enough of them! I am always grateful when a children's book, particularly one that is intended for younger children, is written in rhyme. This is because rhyme makes the book more enjoyable for the child and helps to maintain their attention. In addition, I appreciate the fact that this book is not only informative but also simple to comprehend.

I gave this book a perfect score of five out of five stars because there was nothing about it that I found bad. Not only is it entertaining, but it also contains vivid illustrations. There were no errors that I discovered, and I believe that it has been edited to perfection.

Children who are interested in learning about the reasons why littering is harmful to the environment and how it impacts the creatures that live in natural settings should read this book.

Grandpa Hedgehog And The Big Black Bag
View: on Bookshelves
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

"Grandpa Hedgehog And The Big Black Bag" by Irwin Stone is a delightful children's book with a valuable lesson about the importance of environmental stewardship. Through a heartwarming story and vibrant illustrations, Stone effectively educates young readers about the harmful effects of littering on wildlife habitats and encourages them to take action to protect their environment.

Return to “Children's Books”