Review of A Rhymed History of Dinosaurs

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Fleeting Moments by Michelle da Silva Richmond

Review of A Rhymed History of Dinosaurs

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Rhymed History of Dinosaurs" by Donald Brown.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This children's book, authored by Donald Brown, is titled "A Rhymed History of Dinosaurs." The history of dinosaurs that is presented in this book is inspired by a book titled "Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs," published by Stephen Brusatte, who is a professor of palaeontology at Edinburgh University. The book is written in rhyme in order to convey the story.

The author of this children's book used rhyme to weave together the history of dinosaurs as well as an assortment of fascinating facts about them. In addition to that, he occasionally provided descriptions of the dinosaurs. For the children's comfort and entertainment, this book contains images of the dinosaurs that are being discussed. The rhyme is going to be helpful in capturing the interest of a child, and it is simple enough for the audience that is being targeted to comprehend it. Even adults will find it enjoyable.

The fact that an author undertakes research on the subject matter that he is writing about is something that I admire, even if the book is intended for children. I appreciated the fact that he included descriptions of the dinosaurs, particularly in cases where there were no drawings available for a particular dinosaur.

This is a book that I simply adored, and I believe that it will hold a lot of appeal for children. Because I did not find anything to dislike about it, I gave it a perfect score of five out of five stars. Both the pictures and the fact that this book was based on genuine events and received its data from a book published by a professor left a strong impression on me. Reading it in rhyme is not only entertaining, but it also contains a lot of information, which makes it an educational book. The fact that I did not discover any errors leads me to believe that this book has been edited to perfection.

This book is one that I would recommend to youngsters who are older than nine years old and up to the age of eighteen, and even adults might find it enjoyable. That is something I am certain of!

A Rhymed History of Dinosaurs
View: on Bookshelves
BasseyAkpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-basseyakpan.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by BasseyAkpan »

Children learn better with rhymes. This book is particularly useful to children because it talks about the now extinct dinosaurs which kids often have to ponder about
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

I have loved rhyme since childhood, and it is because of books like these. I look forward to reading and sharing this with my own children. You can never go wrong with a book about dinosaurs!

Return to “Children's Books”