Review of Mirror and the Bobcat

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Fleeting Moments by Michelle da Silva Richmond

Review of Mirror and the Bobcat

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mirror and the Bobcat" by Cat Ritchie.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cat Richie has written a novel for youngsters called Mirror and the Bobcat, which is about fairies. In this delightful children's book, you take on the role of three friends who are fairy. Mirror was able to save Bosco from an attack by a ravenous bobcat; however, upon further investigation into the reasons behind the bobcat's attack, they discovered that the bobcat had no mother and was malnourished. Mirror came to the conclusion that she should call the bobcat Ember and teach her how to hunt for herself while avoiding causing harm to the fairies. Bosco was alerted by the bees about a danger that was waiting around the corner when she was dealing with Ember. Meanwhile, Mica was invited to accompany his father and mother on a trip to the volcanoes, which he dreaded. Bosco was also involved in the situation.

This writing is excellent for the audience that it is designed for because it is simple and straightforward to comprehend and follow. Before delving into the action, the author made sure that the reader had a chance to become familiar with the characters and the setting. This will ensure that your child is not overwhelmed by the story. In addition, this book contains a great deal of knowledge that your youngster can put to use in their own life. Although it is a lengthy book for a youngster, it is one that can be appreciated over the course of several days.

The writing was done in an excellent manner. It captivated me, and I couldn't wait to read more of what it had to offer. In the book, I really enjoyed the unexpected turns of events, and I couldn't figure out what was going to happen next. Before jumping into action, I thought it was great that the author gave the reader some time to become familiar with the characters. This is something that can be challenging to accomplish, yet she did it so effectively that it was not dull at all. I was completely enamoured with the characters, and I have no doubt that younger readers would feel the same way.

I gave this book a perfect score of five out of five stars because there was nothing about it that I found bad. Both the plot and the characters were developed to a very high degree. I really enjoyed the unexpected turns of events and the lessons about life that were scattered throughout the novel. In addition, I did not discover any errors, which leads me to believe that it has been edited to perfection.

For children who enjoy reading novels that have a great deal of detail, I would suggest this book. This is a novel that I hope will be enjoyed by children between the ages of eight and eighteen.

Mirror and the Bobcat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

I love the cover of this book. It is so beautiful and bright- perfect for the target market. I will admit though, it is not something I would like my children to read (out of personal choice). However, I am convinced the kids/pre-adults out there who do read it will have a pleasurable experience.
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

This book is a true page-turner! The author's storytelling skills are exceptional, making it impossible to put down. I highly recommend it to all book lovers both kids and adults

Return to “Children's Books”