Review of The Big Necesscaries

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Fleeting Moments by Michelle da Silva Richmond

Review of The Big Necesscaries

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Big Necesscaries" by Beth Weiler.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Children's author Beth Weiler has written a book called "The Big Necesscaries," which is about possible scary things that could come up for a child as they are growing up.

The author is attempting to teach young readers about the different feelings that may arise as a result of experiencing the things that are stated in the book. This book discusses a variety of positive and negative experiences that a child may have as they grow up. This book explores a wide range of topics, including diversity, better understanding people, speaking up for oneself, helping others, and becoming a better person overall. The illustrations perfectly fit what was being relayed on the pages, and the writing is very easy to grasp and perfect for the target audience.

The fact that this book will assist a young reader in working through their feelings and possibly even confronting some of their fears is something that I really appreciate about it. The way in which the author approached each subject to help the readers overcome whatever it was that was causing them to feel uneasy was brilliant. 

There are many valuable lessons to be learned from this book, and it also assists children in comprehending that every individual is unique. For these reasons, I give this book a rating of five out of five stars. The manner in which the author tackled each topic and referred to it as "necesscaries" was something that I really like.  I not only found nothing to dislike about the book, but I also did not find any errors, which leads me to believe that this book has been edited to perfection.

It is my recommendation that this book be read to children between the ages of four and eight who have a desire to have a better understanding of the people around them and who are unable to comprehend the emotions that other people are experiencing or the emotions that they are experiencing themselves as they are growing up.

The Big Necesscaries
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Children's Books”