Review of Mums Are Superheroes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: Chasing Tales by Christine J. Logan

Review of Mums Are Superheroes

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mums Are Superheroes" by Franka Okeke.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Mothers are the true superheroes in our lives, aren't they? They have this incredible knack for swooping in just when we need them most, whether it's with a comforting hug, a wise word, or a delicious homemade meal. Like superheroes, they seem to have this magical ability to juggle a million things at once, all while making it look effortless. From cheering us on at our proudest moments to being our rock during the toughest times, mothers are the real-life superheroes who fill our lives with love, strength, and endless support. They may not wear capes, but their superpowers of love and care are unmatched in every way. This is exactly how Tommy’s mother is in this wonderful children’s book titled Mums Are Superheroes by Franka Okeke.

To begin with, Mums Are Superheroes follows the adventures of a young boy named Tommy and his family, who live in the picturesque village of “Strawberry Island.” Tommy's mother is a superhero, always there to rescue him from trouble. Despite his mother's wise advice, Tommy insists on wearing his superhero winter jumper on a hot summer day, leading to him getting lost in the forest. What happens next? Read the book to find out!

I really enjoyed reading this cute little story because, through the endearing antics of Tommy and his superhero mom, this book celebrates the magic of family bonds and the wisdom passed down from one generation to the next. Moreover, the story comes alive through the rich storytelling and captivating 3D-style illustrations that accompany the text. I found these illustrations akin to scenes from a paused game, where each frame bursts with color and detail. However, while the illustrations dazzle with their detail and color, there are moments when they might overwhelm younger readers, but the overall effect is undeniably good.

What I truly liked about this book is that, at its core, it is a heartwarming tale about the power of listening and the importance of family. Tommy's journey teaches us that sometimes the best adventures are the ones we embark on with the ones we love, and also that the guidance of a parent can light the way through even the darkest of forests. Thus, owing to the above-mentioned reasons, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. There is nothing to dislike about the book at all. The editing of the book is impeccable as well, with not a single error throughout.

In conclusion, I’d say that Mums Are Superheroes is a delightful read that will warm the hearts of both children and adults alike. I recommend this book to children between the ages of 3 and 9, as well as to families looking to spark conversations about the bonds of love and the beauty of listening to one another.

Mums Are Superheroes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amos Cyprian Kipchumba
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-cyprian-kipchumba.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Amos Cyprian Kipchumba »

Congratulations on the positive review. This book celebrates mothers and encourages children to appreciate and respect them.
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

The characters sound great and so endearing. Thank you for the great review. I look forward to reading this one soon!
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

Indeed, moms are superheroes. Thank you for the review. Judging from the cover, the illustrations look wonderful to me.
Desiree Mfeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Desiree Mfeka »

Like the review it has illustrated every important aspect written in the book plus the title says it all . I'll definitely add to my bookshelf. Thank you for the review
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

Mums are truly super heros, the book seems to be a perfect read for young readers. It has do much love and that is exactly what they need. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”