Review of What Makes a Real Grandpa?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Review of What Makes a Real Grandpa?

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What Makes a Real Grandpa?" by Kevin B Bickford.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Many incidents in life leave us wondering what the future holds for us. We live to discover that many things are not as they appear, which can be positive or negative and has an emotional, psychological, and other influence on us. Kevin B Bickford and Sasha Baines' children's book, What Makes a Real Grandpa?, introduces us to William's family.

The author dedicates this book to his grandchildren, focusing on William, a curious seven-year-old boy. He has a younger brother and twin sister, as well as three grandparents. When he asked why, he found out that Papa's mom and dad decided to separate when he was a young boy, and this made Grandpa George his new grandpa, and William liked him a lot. One day in school, their teacher asked them to prepare stories about their grandparents, and this was where some complications came in. What Makes a Real Grandpa? is a book that aims to illuminate the qualities of a true grandfather.

This book was appealing because it is very enlightening and family-based. The book was really interesting, and I loved its brilliance considering the target audience and their level of assimilation. The book has nice pictures that look true, and I must commend the illustrator, Sasha, for her lovely work. These pictures would keep children engaged while reading. It was nice to read about Grandpa George's impact on William's life, and I relate best to the character William. This book also has many lessons that will positively impact young readers.

I could not find any flaws or dislikes while reading this book, and for the positives listed, I will be rating this book 5 out of 5 stars. I also encountered no errors while reading this, proving it was perfectly edited. I recommend this book to families with children between 4 and 10.

What Makes a Real Grandpa?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: The Red Movement by Shadan Kapri
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 80%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

It's interesting to read how the author manages the relationship between Grandpa and Grandson. this book looks to be an important lesson, for both children and adults in a family. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Children's Books”