Review of Stewart & Gracie's Christmas Star Party

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Review of Stewart & Gracie's Christmas Star Party

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stewart & Gracie's Christmas Star Party" by Diana Dennelly.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Christmas is one of the most widely anticipated holiday seasons. It is a really special season and the perfect time for individuals to exchange gifts and spend time with family and friends. Above all, it is a season crowned with love. Diana Dennelly's book, Stewart & Gracie's Christmas Star Party, relates the story of two cardinal birds and how they celebrate their annual Christmas Star Party.

Stewart and Gracie are two cardinal birds who live on an island beneath a fir tree. They loved Christmas and enjoyed admiring the decorations with their friends. On a particular day, it was about to snow, and they hurriedly put the lights and star on the tree, and they both went inside to discuss their annual "Christmas Star Party." They made a list of everything they would need for the party, and while purchasing items that were needed, they encountered a challenge. From reading this book, we learn how this issue was sorted out and how they went through with the party.

This book was appealing due to its unique content, and the author did well to make it brief and concise for the intended audience: children. I love how friendship is also addressed in this book. The author also emphasised the importance of creativity and neighbourliness in the book, which would teach our young ones a lot. The pictorial illustrations were unique, and this was another appealing aspect of the book. They also talked about some animals, like squirrels, which will enlighten young readers about animals.

I found nothing to dislike about the book, and because of this, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I also did not encounter any errors while reading Stewart & Gracie's Christmas Star Party, which proves it was perfectly edited. Because of its brief nature, I recommend this book to parents with children between the ages of 5 and 8.

Stewart & Gracie's Christmas Star Party
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Children's Books”