Review of Nature in My Backyard

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rashad Deniro Price
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: David's space flight by Sharron Hillman-Dwyer

Review of Nature in My Backyard

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nature in My Backyard" by Mary Gallo.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Nature is magical, and you might find yourself being touched differently each moment you come into contact with it. Spending time with natural scenery can calm your fears, soothe your pains, inspire you to dream incredible dreams, explain to you secrets not known to many, remind you of forgotten truths, and even silently teach you lessons you might never learn somewhere else.

Mary Gallo is a retired senior citizen, and she likes to spend time with nature. In her children's book, Nature in My Backyard: Picture Book, she shares with readers some of those amazing natural scenes in her backyard that she captured with her camera. The pictures are so many, covering a variety of animals and flowers in such rich details that you could feel their presence around you.

Each picture comes with a short note that highlights some information about it. There is so much incredible information about the animals and flowers covered in this book. My favorites were the notes about Katydid, Gray Catbird, Coneflower, Eastern Bluebird, and bees. I have always loved to meditate in some serene natural environment, but reading this book has sparked in me the desire to observe and connect more with nature.

The pictures are very clear and pleasing to watch. I think this is the book's greatest strength and will inarguably make the first memorable impression on any given reader. Mary has done a great job of presenting to children variegated wonders of nature in an already-made format (they do not have to go out there and observe them themselves), even as she has increased their understanding of them.

I didn't dislike anything in this book, and given the colorful pictures and the informative notes, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. Nature in My Backyard: Picture Book is recommended for readers between the ages of five and eighteen, but I think older nature enthusiasts will also enjoy it. This book was exceptionally well proofread.

Nature in My Backyard
View: on Bookshelves
JOSEPHINE Aruta
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JOSEPHINE Aruta »

My 10 year old son surely will like this book.
Emilly Tavares
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Emilly Tavares »

Gostei, é bem interessante

Return to “Children's Books”