Review of Terence the Tree

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: Chasing Tales by Christine J. Logan

Review of Terence the Tree

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Terence the Tree" by Karl Kronheim.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

With the growth of concrete jungles, more and more trees are being cut down. The forest area has been going down in percentage occupancy with every passing year due to the growing infrastructure that is intended to increase convenience for us humans. However, little do we realize that these forests and trees are so important for our well-being. We just don’t! Even if we do, it will be short-lived. It is time we care for our environment and treat it like it should be treated, just like Terence was treated in the book Terence the Tree by Karl Kronheim.

In this book, we are introduced to Terence, a majestic ‘Oak tree,’ set atop a little hill in a vast field. Terence is a happy tree and stands tall and proud, enjoying the open sky and the company of visiting birds. However, one fine day, when Terence awoke from his sleep, his peaceful existence was disrupted. Why? Because what he saw in front of him was a line of mysterious orange sticks that somehow gave him a feeling of impending change. Scared, Terence went off to sleep again, but what happened next scared him even more! What happened? What made Terence so scared? What will he do now? Read this 24-page short book to find out!

I truly enjoyed reading this sweet yet highly powerful and impactful story. Though this book is meant for kids, I believe it should be read by every adult because of the message it conveys. I loved the author’s simple yet powerful writing style. Moreover, the colorful illustrations were just amazing, for they breathed life into the story and captured the essence of Terence's world and the bustling activity of the humans encroaching upon it. The book, though short, evoked a range of emotions within me, right from curiosity to empathy.

The thing I liked the most about this book though has to be its subtle yet profound message about resilience and the power of our ‘Mother Nature.’ It managed to effectively show how important it is to protect our nature and care for our environment. It showed us how harmony between human progress and environmental preservation can be achieved if we really try in that direction. Thus, due to these reasons, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because it deserves every bit of it. Though you will finish reading the book in about 15 minutes, the message will keep playing inside your head, and that, I believe, is a mark of a good book. I disliked nothing about the book, and the editing is just flawless!

In conclusion, Terence the Tree is not just a charming story but also a gentle reminder of the significance of empathy and cooperation in our interactions with nature. I would recommend this book to every child and every adult.

Terence the Tree
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alissa Nesson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Alissa Nesson »

This book sounds adorable and moving. I’ve been reviewing some children’s books lately and I’ve been impressed with how powerful they can be. Growing up, I loved reading, but I don’t remember my books having such wonderful messages. This sounds like another wonderful book. Thank you for your review.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Osvaldo Borghese
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

This is a special book for kids, they will love it. thanks for your review.
Ebubechukwu Ibegbu
Currently Reading: Deceptive Calm
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Ebubechukwu Ibegbu »

The story is engaging, and the illustrations are colorful and captivating. It teaches an important lesson about caring for the environment. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars for its meaningful message and enjoyable story. Great for kids and adults alike!
lilserenity56
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lilserenity56 »

Number one thing bothers me is the spelling of this book "Terence the tree". Terence is mispelled its Terrence..Number two this is about Terrence the tree should of done the speaking ...Children love when things talk like dogs, cats, horses and even trees lets not forget about the talking Nemo..This is a great start for a child beginning to learn how to write a book or even adult...I'm not a writer I'm a poet,I received a silver bowl award in vegas I beat 33 of the best world wide..So I know how important it is to spell,and add them as they should be..Use the spell checker you should have on your Machine you use to write on.But donot give you you're doing great keep on going this sounds exciting hope to read more ... :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Children's Books”